CVPCS Landmark

rob22202

Reaction score
I don't know how accurate the numbers are but, for the first time I have seen, CVPCS had more current viewers than Bugless on DroidForums. Usually, Bugless has 4 times more.

Bugless (537 Viewing)
cvpcs (587 Viewing)

The momentum is building?!?

- Rob

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Once people discover the abilities of AOSP built ROMs they tend to fall in love with them, and the same is true for this ROM especially since it isn't based off of Cyanogen's vendor-device set up, same features, but still runs super smooth

justinthegeek

Reaction score
I don't know how accurate the numbers are but, for the first time I have seen, CVPCS had more current viewers than Bugless on DroidForums. Usually, Bugless has 4 times more.

Bugless (537 Viewing)
cvpcs (587 Viewing)

- Rob

That's because hopefully 1.0 is released today :D

brochaos

Reaction score
Once people discover the abilities of AOSP built ROMs they tend to fall in love with them, and the same is true for this ROM especially since it isn't based off of Cyanogen's vendor-device set up, same features, but still runs super smooth

i've done some research, but i still don't get what "vendor-device set up" means. how exactly does it effect end users or the devs themselves?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I think less people viewing BB now cuz there hasnt been a BB release for over a month. People watching these forums are Rom addicts like me and all anticipating for new Roms to flash...dancedroid

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bugless (537 Viewing)
cvpcs (587 Viewing)

- Rob

That's because hopefully 1.0 is released today :D

That's it, just start a panic if it isn't released today now! I can see it now... "Well I heard from my brother's best friend's sister's mailman's third cousin twice removed that we were to have a new Sapphire build on the forth, but here it is the 5th and still nothing!"

:icon_censored:

;)

Well it looks like I am the one who looks bad here now since 1.0.0 *WAS* released today. oh well

Last edited:

JoelWRX

Reaction score

i've done some research, but i still don't get what "vendor-device set up" means. how exactly does it effect end users or the devs themselves?

I wont get to in depth, but here is the jist of what it is. A device/vendor set up is pretty much the bare bones of a ROM set up. Cyanogenmod pretty much has been the only one (before sapphire) to build a ROM from the ground up based on Android's AOSP. He has device/vendor set ups that other people can use as a base for their AOSP rom and then modify it.

Sapphire came out with its OWN device/vendor set up which mean it gives users an alternative to build from. Feature wise sapphire has most everything Cyanogenmod has to offer give & take a few things, but Sapphire does less modifying of the Android core thus leaving the stock quickness, and feel to it. Cyanogenmod heavily mods the android source, and for some people this can create unwanted effects or slow-downs.

Its just another great option in a line of many AOSP ROMs, like mentioned everything I said isn't "technically" correct but it will give you a idea of what it is without posting some of the more confusing technicalities of it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sapphire is the bomb compared to BB, my opinion of working with both. Plus v1 is great...