Customizing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by kingpin6866, Jan 25, 2011.

1. kingpin6866

kingpin6866 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting pretty familiar with using different loaders, skins, root, roms, etc. but I saw in a few screenshots of people's desktops, where the status bar was different. Is this customizable somehow as well? Mine has too much clutter and some of the icons I could do without.

Thanks in advance.

2. brewcrewwheels

brewcrewwheels Member

Ratings:
    +0

you can change the notification icons (missed call, chat, voicemail, alarm, battery, wifi, etc) through ninjamorph or metamorph. if you edit the app .apk's, you can change their notifications as well. for example, if you look in mine, you can see where i canged the handcent, email, and gmail icons. use apk manager for that.

3. timrock

timrock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i downloaded both of those apps, ninjamorph and apk manager. so whats the next step in changing the icons?

4. brewcrewwheels

brewcrewwheels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ninjamorph is pretty straight forward. have a folder on your sd card with the icons you want to use. you are going to be making changes in the framework-res.apk (system>framework>framework-res.apk) once inside, you are going to navigate to the drawable-hdpi folder. the icons are under stat_notify

[How To] use Ninjamorph to change notification bar icons

apk manager is a little more involved. i would recommend skimming this thread. if you run into any issues, i can try and help you:

Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers

as always, i would recommend making a backup before you begin. also, i would make backups at each "checkpoint", i.e. after each sucessful mod.

good luck

also, metamorph does alot of the work for you. this site is a great resource for metamorph mods

http://droidpirate.com/

5. kingpin6866

kingpin6866 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Brew, I will try those.

Can you remove some information in the notification bar too? Such as time, etc.

6. brewcrewwheels

brewcrewwheels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i used a zip applied through clockwork recovery to remove mine. i am running apex, and i have heard this may not play nice with stock or other roms. you can give it a shot if you'd like. again, make sure you backup first. also i should note i am not aware of a way to bring it back.

easy way:
    [MOD] Remove Clock in Notification Bar - Android Forums

hard way:
    [HOW-TO] Hide various Icons from the Status Bar - xda-developers

7. kingpin6866

kingpin6866 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, appreciate the help.