Customizing Your Spell Checker?

Troy

Reaction score
Is there a way to add words to the spell checker like there was on the blackberry? I'm getting sick of babysitting this spell checker.

TatDroid

Reaction score
As you type on the on-screen keyboard, suggested words will appear across the top row. One of the choices should always be the word, exactly as you typed it (even if it's not a REAL word). By clicking on that "word" to select it, I believe it will be added to your dictionary.

Last edited:

alm0614

Reaction score
you can also go to settings-> language and keyboard->user dictionary and add words to your dictionary there

mjs31

Reaction score
Actually..you need to hold the word down for a second and it will say saved if you want to add it to your dictionary, but you can also do as the other poster said and take a few minutes to add words you commonly use to your own dictionary.

sterdroids

Reaction score
Actually..you need to hold the word down for a second and it will say saved if you want to add it to your dictionary, but you can also do as the other poster said and take a few minutes to add words you commonly use to your own dictionary.

Thanks i didnt know this! I had so many other issues to correct first didnt get to it. But this is a Gift. THANKS!

OP
Troy

Troy

Reaction score
Thanks, it works! :)