customizing phone.apk in froyo

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by alm0614, Jun 21, 2010.

1. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Could someone help me with customizing the phone.apk, i see it has a lot of the same images as the framework-res, do i need to change them in both..also where are the images to customize the digits, like put a logo behind them and so forth..any help is appreciated

2. microsnook

microsnook Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Images should be in res/drawable-hpdi, and also, you may need to edit your Contacts.apk...

3. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    what about the images that are duplicate, like the slider icons..do i need to change them again or what

4. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If an app in the system has the same images within it as in the framework, I would say you still have to change them being that it probably means it wont be grabbed from the framework. As far as editing the Phone APK, yes microsnook is correct, you probably mean you want to edit your contacts APK also. The dial pad is in the Contacts APK, while the Phone APK is only for WHILE you are in a call...

5. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    You need to change all slider icons for it to make sense when you are done, they are not duplicates there are different slider icons that react different when you interact with the slide bar, one will be for when the slider is idle, one for when you "activate it" by touching it on the screen, one for when you begin to drag it and so on

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

6. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    got it thank you all

7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    icculusX

"If an app in the system has the same images within it as in the framework, I would say you still have to change them being that it probably means it wont be grabbed from the framework. As far as editing the Phone APK, yes microsnook is correct, you probably mean you want to edit your contacts APK also. The dial pad is in the Contacts APK, while the Phone APK is only for WHILE you are in a call... "

Thanks so much I been looking for where it was to change that dialer. I had my other one done fine but when I was on verizon's automated crap I had a blue dialer i couldn't for the life of me find, now I got it thanks to you :)

Search tags for this page
dialer.apk froyo

froyo dialer apk

froyo phone.apk