1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Customizing Notifications

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mccandroid, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mccandroid

mccandroid New Member

So, here's what I would like to do:

When I receive an email (from Gmail), I want it to make one notification sound.
    When I receive a text message, I want it to make a second different sound.
    When I receive any other notification, I want it to make a third (default) sound.

Right now, I've somehow (and I don't remember how) managed to make it vibrate only when an email arrives, but make the default notification sound for any other notification (such as a text message, calendar notification, etc). I'm content with that for now, but I definitely want to be able to have it make a distinct sound for each of my notifications.

Without rooting, is there anything I can download or any default way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
  2. GolfProRM

GolfProRM New Member

Go into each app's settings, and there will likely be a notification section. You should be able to customize each app's notification sound/vibration.