Customizing look of icons and widgets

fibermick

Reaction score
I had a palm before my beloved Droid and I had an app that allowed me to creat my own icons. I've got better cut and have learned to change icons for my apps. What I can't seem to do is to change the color/type of icons for the power widgets either using the stock one or using the beautiful widgets one. I'm an artist and color is important to me. I have a nice wall paper and those dark widgets look awful. What is the point of having such a customizable phone if I can't customize everything? I won't be rooting my phone because I'm hot tech savvy enough to do that. I don't even understand the words on my sd card!

Tim K

Reaction score
You cannot change widgets. The "icons" of widgets are part of the programs themselves not just shortcuts (widgets change based on functionality). If you want custom widgets you either have to know how to modify the actually program itself or ask the developer to include widget choices. MotoTorch's developer included multiple widget icon choices.

OP
F

fibermick

Reaction score
Icons and widgets

Thanks, Tim, I was afraid of that. Come on developers--give us some colorful widgets.

c_mack9

Reaction score
yeah i just learned this the hard way. i bought beautiful widgets and added a vibrate shortcut to my homescreen but i cant change the icon with bettercuts to match all of my other icons so ill just delete it. thats stupid. why arent developers making things more broad? who wants to customize part of their phone and them have stuff that doenst match the rest of it?