customizing a live wallpaper... question

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by J. Dub, Jul 23, 2010.

1. J. Dub

J. Dub New Member

Is it possible to have the water droplet/pond effect on my own picture I choose?
    I've searched the market and google and can't find any. Other then the one Ultimate droid made. But it says in big letters UD in the background of the water droplet effect. I'd like a picture I choose.
    Is this possible?
  2. shocka2430

shocka2430 New Member

if your talking about modding the water live wall yes its possible its a little complicated but i can try to explain. you need to be rooted of course and know how to use adb. if you dont there is a few threads around that can teach you how to root and use adb. pull your live wallpaper apk with adb onto your computer open it up with 7zip of another file manager, go into res, drawable hdpi, find pond.jpg open it with some editor like photoshop or photo pos pro. Now delete the picture that is there and put your own in but the problem with the water live wall is it takes the image and flips it and rotates it so you have to take your image and flip it upside down then invert it or mirror it. dont know the exact word but take your image and flip it so it looks backwards and upside down. sounds stupid but thats what you gotta do.Now to edit the leaves you need to open up the leaves.png and delete those and put what you want to float around if you want anything at all if not just delete them and save it like that. now boot into recovery and mount system then adb push your live wall back and you will now have a new pond image.
Search tags for this page

create own live wallpapers apk