Customization help for NON-ROOTED users!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This would be a good place to ask questions about home replacement, as far as settings and how to change things within the app, as well as modification apps like Better Home and .apk files... If you are having issues with any of these AND ARE NOT ROOTED, this is the place to ask. The rules are different with rooted phones, and some solutions may not work or may not be available to all users, so ONLY post here if you are NOT rooted. And please only give answers (whether you are rooted or not) that you are CERTAIN will be useful to a non-rooted user.

REMEMBER: If this thread gets big and you are looking for a certain answer, you can search in this thread specifically by clicking on "Search This Thread" right above this post.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here is step by step.
the video tutorial to make the the theme just covers making the theme not how to install.
Before you start install the following from the market ( Astro file manager, 91 pandahome) . Also make sure you create an account at the panda home 91 screen similar to what is shown in the video).

1) follow this video:
YouTube - MotoDroidHelpandInfo's Channel

1(a) this is the site he is referring to i just linked it
pandahome - Project Hosting on Google Code

2) after you have created your theme download it.
3) create a folder and name it pandahome theme
4) put the theme that was downloaded into the pandahome theme folder.
5) mount your phone to the computer
6) move the folder to your sd card (I just right clicked and said move to the drive my phone was assigned to)
7) unmount
8)go in to astro file manager and find your panda home theme folder
9) open and install
10) apply theme

I just did it I have no prob helping and if some one has a better way feel free to add to this discussion.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thats a good looking theme, i likely mucho!

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I like it as well. I might have to give Panda another chance when I get home.

I tried it once before, but it only seemed to work some of the time. I probably didn't install it correctly the first time.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been playing with it today now to be fair iam overclocked so out has not been lagy for me but I am not sure how good it is long term. iIjust know non root users can use it and it appears to be safe and wont brick your phone

ave

Reaction score
I have used Panda home 91 for the past month and a half and am somewhat content. However, going through many forums I hear a lot about home ++ beta. Is it worth switching? what are the pros and cons of them both.