Custom Tray Themes!1

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by aupeters, Mar 2, 2010.

1. meekless

meekless New Member

I'm at work but when I get home will post a reply about using metamorph and modify some images for you to have a transparent shade.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

This is the invisible launcher with just the trashcan that appears when you move files (so you can remove them). The trashcan is removable too, or able to be made invisible, but I liked having something to aim for. You can see my screenshots in a few up. Landscape is themed too, trashcan will pop up for landscape too.

I had trouble opening the zip with metamorph, so you may have to decompress it prior to installation. I have never actually made a theme to give to someone so I am not 100% on what settings the zip file has to be in....but either way, it should work.
  3. r1nstang

r1nstang New Member

aww come on man you have to post up an update.zip or something with the droids giving apple a golden shower. thats classic!!! can the drawer be changed with an update.zip?
  4. aupeters

aupeters New Member

Ahhh please do. I'd love not to have to do this piecemeal; any little bit will help.
  5. brock

brock New Member

nowwww... does anybody know how to edit the background of the app pullup menu?
  6. meekless

meekless New Member

ok, now of course you need to be rooted and if so here is the rest.

-get metamorph from the market
    -find a metamorph theme from the forum and move it in zip form into the new folder on your sdcard called "AndroidThemes" (metamorph should create it for you, if not just create a new folder with that name)
    (even if you dont like the entire theme and just want to use parts of it, or just want to use these completely transparent images i made for ya it doesnt matter we will change out the images you want to use)
    -now start Metamorph
    -it will ask you to click the button to run checks, the main thing is to make sure Busybox is installed already
    -now you can choose "Pick Theme" or "Existing Theme", the first time you try a new theme always click "Pick Theme"
    -you will see the names of the zip files you placed in the "AndroidThemes" folder, and make sure you click the one in zip format
    -click the one you want to use and Metamorph will now unpack the theme, this can take a few minutes based on how many images are in the zip
    -you will be taken to a list of apk's to apply the theme to, you can pick the all, or just the ones you want to change the theme on, just remember when you pick the Framework-res, the phone will need to reboot to take affect, go ahead and do it cause if you wait the Droid will act a little funny
    -now real quick, if you ever want to go back and apply the already unzipped theme to another apk you skipped the first time, or if you change some of the png images, when you start metamorph the next time, click "Existing Theme" and find the file in the list with the .thm for the suffix. click on that and it will go back to the list of apk's to apply the theme to, you do not need to go through the unpack process again and shouldnt as it will write over any png images you changed

-to use the images attached in the zip i attached
    download the zip file to your computer
    for just this time, use your computer to unzip and extract the images
    -now you will need to mount your Droid to your computer
    -go into the "AndroidThemes" folder and navigate to which ever folder you want to change the images, for the drawer go to "Lancher" , "res", and for portrait "drawable-hdpi" and landscape "drawable-land-hdpi"
    scroll through the images to find which ones you want to change, the battery icon, 3g icon, draw, etc
    i prefer to copy the entire folder to my computer and work on the images away from the phone to avoid any chance of messing things up
    just make sure you dont change the name of the file, and make sure when you save its a .png image
    i prefer to do things this way because you dont have to worry about zipping and unzipping the images any more, just change and replace in the folder

in the zip i attached i made transparent drawers and the background for the draw and again that will be in the Launcher folder

the notification bar, pull down, and background will be in the Framework-res folder

once you get an idea about how to change the images and where to find the images, its quite easy to change them and make something completely custom
    using metamorph helps since once you have a theme unpacked on your phone you can just change the images in each of the folders and never have to worry about zipping back and forth like when dealing with changing apk's

i hope this helps you with using metamorph, if you have anything come up please message me and will help

if you dont have photoshop or other software and dont want to pay the crazy price for it, try www.paint.net its free and has great abilities such as making things opaque and transparent
  7. meekless

meekless New Member

forgot to mention, if there are images in the theme folders you dont want to use, for example if you only want to use the transparent images i have in the zip, just delete all the images or whatever images you dont want to use from the theme folder, and cut and paste the ones you want to use back into the folder and put it back onto the sdcard.
    metamorph will only change the images on your phone that are in the folders, you dont need to change everything if you dont want

if you really feel industrious, you can also copy out the entire apk from the droid , for example the entire framework-res folder stock on the phone, and change every image and use metamorph to apply, but there are i think over 300 images in that folder alone, so this is why not every image will be changed using metamorph just wanted to give you that FYI so it doesnt surprise you as to why some images are changed and others not
  8. Neupy

Neupy New Member

9. meekless

meekless New Member

Neupy, i am loving that screen shot!! Oh my damn
  10. meekless

meekless New Member

here are the images for the landscape launcher with the droids peeing on the apple
  11. The Kid Cassidy

The Kid Cassidy New Member

Can somebody please post a MM link for the fingerprint app launcher, looks bad ass i would love the white one THANKS!