Custom Tray Themes!1

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by aupeters, Mar 2, 2010.

1. brock

brock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i need to pull launcher.apk?

hopefully this ez7z works good on my mac.

2. aupeters

aupeters New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn I was hoping for a metamorph tutorial. Ya pull Launcher.apk (just substitute it in for Camera.apk as stated in the camera tutorial and so forth.

However, Ez7z will not work. Download the demo of StuffIt Deluxe - it has an archive manager that is the only thing that works the way 7zip does for PCs. I don't have a link to it but you can find it if you dig around. Let me know if you do ever find an alternative to StuffIt. Mine's days are numbered.

3. brock

brock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nope, its crap, looks like i may just have to use my pc... gayyy

4. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What with this here? lmao

Is this your phone? are you a guy? if so and this is your message then. uhhmmmmmmmm you have some spalinn to do lol

#16 R1Lover, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
  5. aupeters

aupeters New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The subtlety of textsfromlastnight.com, you're missing it.

6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    If you do theme it, I recommend leaving the trashcan icon, so that when you want to delete an icon/widget you can do so easier, as you have something to aim for.

I had gone invisible myself actually. The only thing where where the one I modified pops up, is when it becomes a trashcan. I still had the handle deleted, just a small white trashcan showed up. I ended up not really liking it and removing it.

If you are still interested I can upload it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey Brock, i dont mind making a fully transparent tray , and/or notification panel for you either, its actually very easy. just let me know if you figured it out.

the only thing with pulling the apk and changing it that way, is i think if the apk is ever updated, the new images are wiped out. now that apk may never be updated from google or motorola, but you never know.

i see there was another user asking about metamorph as well. i can write up a pretty easy step by step about how to take an existing theme and modify images to what you want. and the nice thing with metamorph, i havent run into a problem yet with changing any of the png images and their size. i think if you do change them in the apk itself, sometimes you can run into issues with png file size causing problems.

8. Neupy

Neupy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that would be really cool

9. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at work but when I get home will post a reply about using metamorph and modify some images for you to have a transparent shade.

10. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    This is the invisible launcher with just the trashcan that appears when you move files (so you can remove them). The trashcan is removable too, or able to be made invisible, but I liked having something to aim for. You can see my screenshots in a few up. Landscape is themed too, trashcan will pop up for landscape too.

I had trouble opening the zip with metamorph, so you may have to decompress it prior to installation. I have never actually made a theme to give to someone so I am not 100% on what settings the zip file has to be in....but either way, it should work.

11. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    aww come on man you have to post up an update.zip or something with the droids giving apple a golden shower. thats classic!!! can the drawer be changed with an update.zip?

12. aupeters

aupeters New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh please do. I'd love not to have to do this piecemeal; any little bit will help.