Custom SMS notifcations...

D

df34a343

Just wondering how I can make and use a custom message notification. I am guessing I will probably have to download astro or some other file manager right?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
custom message notification? I dont exactly understand what ur trying to get

try handcent - it has way more personalization that the stock messaging program on ur phone

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for Handcent.

try using the search feature in this forum too. This topic has been discussed more than 5 times already

OP
D

df34a343

tried searching, but as evidenced by my previous post its hard for me to describe what I am trying to do.

What I am trying to do is make it so I can use my downloaded songs, ringtones, etc. as the notification for when I get a new text message. Right now, all I can use are the stock ones they give you.

Berzerker

Reaction score
It's quite simple.

Attach the Droid to the computer, mount the SDCard as a drive, then create a new folder in your SD Card called "Media". Then create three new folders under those, called "Alarms", "Notifications", and "Ringtones". mp3 and other audio files put into each respective folder will show up as selections for the respective notification types. I.E. An mp3 put in Alarms will show up under the Ringtone settings for alarms. Or one put in Notifications will show up as selections for those such as SMS or Email apps.

Remember to unmount the SDCard and let it refresh before looking for the files in the settings.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sidenote:

people who use actual songs as ringtones for text messages are tools

:icon_ banana: <<<----like this guy