Custom ROMs: Moving 'system' apps to SD

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by shinji1225, Feb 14, 2011.

1. shinji1225

shinji1225 New Member

Greetings,

I wanted to bring up a question with regard to applications marked as system apps on custom ROMs. Depending on the ROM in question, certain ROMs mark specific applications as system apps, which ultimately result in them not being able to be moved to the SD Card to save storage space in the phone's internal system memory. Examples of this are the Titanium Backup application, Facebook app, etc. Some ROMs do not have these (or other) applications marked as system apps, other ROMs do.

My question is does anyone know how to force-ably move these applications to the SD Card, or any way to remove their 'system app' status in order to be able to move them? Understandably, there are some applications that shouldn't be moved to SD, but there are others that can be (i.e. Facebook) that are still marked as system applications.

Only thing I can think of is to remove the application force-ably using Titanium Backup, and then reinstall off of the market? However, I'm not sure if that's an appropriate course of action (and won't take care of moving Titanium Backup itself as a system app to the SD Card).

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Search tags for this page

android move system apps to sd

custom app to sd roms
custom rom app to sd
custom rom move app to sd
force2sd

how to move app to system app

move system apps to sd