custom roms for S5

apl3

Reaction score
Pardon if this is a dumb question. Now that I have a rooted Verizon phone with much thanks to TowelRoot. Are there custom roms out yet or is that too early for that. I tried googling it, but I am not sure of my results.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Right now, its still too early for ROMS. I`m not even sure that there is a Recovery Method available, and that is needed prior to ROMs..

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Depending on your carrier xda has a few roms available....

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I think it is a bit early to be looking for ROMs or custom recoveries unless you are willing to try a Beta version. I am happy that I could just freeze the bloatware. I will wait until the custom recovery and roms get a bit more stabil

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you guys are looking for a great ROM for the S5 go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2799747. The ROM at this link is GREAT. It is TW based and heavily de-bloated. Everything works (data, LTE, phone, camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS etc). You can flash with SafeStrap or if you have a Dev Edition phone just flash like any other ROM. This ROM is so lean and smooth you won't believe it. I rarely rave about a ROM, but this ROM is truly debloated. Caution: if you want all the Samsung gimmicks then this is not your ROM. This ROM literally allows you to build what you want on your phone. The only apps on the phone at initial boot is Play Store and whatever else is needed for all the phone functions to work correctly. Give it a try... and don't forget to donate.