Custom Rom Install

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PmanDroid, Jul 14, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. PmanDroid

PmanDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all im a real noob when it comes to computers and these phones but want to learn. I have some question's and I hope you all can help.
    I have successfully rooted my phone Moto Droid with the Froyo 2.2 I found on other post. My question is if I want to run a Custom rom how do I do it. I understand I need to download it first but to where? SD Card.
    Do I need to run Busybox also If so How do u install that. I downloaded Terminal emulator from Market does this work with Busybox? Im just kind of lost on how u load the custom roms and what other programs u need to run these also. If u guys wouldnt mind showing me step by step on how this is done I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you the Noob:icon_ banana:
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Each developer has instructions on how to download their roms. You should go into each developer's section and read up on the different roms out there. Once you decide which one you want to use, follow that developer's instructions on how to download.
  3. PmanDroid

PmanDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help