1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Custom ROM Install Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mfein28, Feb 3, 2011.

1. mfein28

mfein28 New Member

Whenever I try to install a custom rom it comes up with this triangle with an exclamation point and the picture of the phone in front of it. Tried 3 different roms none worked. I am using ROM Manager. I have tried downloading from in the app and putting one on through my computer. Thanks for any help!:)
  2. mfein28

mfein28 New Member

Please help, this is getting annoying
  3. FC127

FC127 New Member

What phone? If you are using the Droid or Droid 2 press the magnifying glass button n your physical keyboard. It should bring up recovery...

Next, lose rom manager... I have never had good luck with it. Read up on flashing roms through clockworkmod recovery. It's really pretty simple if you take the time to learn what to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. mfein28

mfein28 New Member

What else could I do?
  5. FC127

FC127 New Member

What do you mean "what else can I do"? I suggest you flash your roms through clockworkmod recovery...

Are you familiar with the procedure? If not I suggest checking the forums for a tutorial. There are plenty. Heck, most of the devs give detailed instructions in the post.

Like I said, lose the rom manager...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. AWB

AWB New Member

(Assuming you have root already)

Install Rom Manager from Market

Run Rom Manager, Click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Version should be around 2.5.0.1. (you may want to flash the recovery image twice just for redundancy. I dunno its something I do for peace of mind)

Let it do its thing, once completed make sure you have the ROM you want somewhere on your SDcard. Then reboot into recovery.

You should now be staring at your new CWM backup/recovery interface.

Navigate - Vol up/down changes selection, Camera button selects the options, Power button is like the back button.
  7. Coltsfan74

Coltsfan74 New Member

I was having the same problem and had to search all weekend for an answer. Best I can come up with is that the root is not quite right. The triangle means you are getting into the default recovery which won't let you install the rom.

First I "un-rooted" the phone (sorry don't have the exact instructions)

Then I re-rooted using these http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Now I can get to the recovery screen rather than the triangle. I haven't tried adding a rom again yet, but I am pretty sure that was my problem. The important part is step 10 in the link above.

Good luck
  8. miretchin

miretchin New Member

You don't need to reroot. Download ron manager from the market scroll down to the bottom, and click the button that says flash recovery... make sure it says clockwork rewcovery after that... that's what you need. Next, you can use ron manager to find Roms and install them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

when i try to load new rom i get the android with the explan