Custom rom help

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by K2thei, Feb 14, 2011.

1. K2thei

K2thei New Member

I'm wondering if anyone knows a rom that is mainly green on black.. I just want an all black with green rom for droid 2 if anyone knows of any id appreciate the help. I'm currently runnin apex 1.3.1 w/ black market and darkslide green keyboard ( does anyone know of this keyboard in a bigger version the keys are too small) thanks again
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Droid 2 Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I think the first 3 I looked at here were mainly black with green accents. Each dev has their own stock style and nearly all of them include screen shots. Find one you like and try it. Just try to make sure it is one of the most current roms from that developer.

Good luck.
  3. K2thei

K2thei New Member

Where did you see them can't seem to find them
  4. BayouFlyFisher

5. K2thei

K2thei New Member

Thanks bro u didn't have to do all that. I really appreciate it. I seen a theme that was all black with green Idk if it was the liberty rom itself or a theme on liberty but I believe it was 1.0.. is the 1.0 an older version or it is the version of the theme? If u don't know on top of ya head don't worry bout it, you've helped me out a lot and per se I download liberty and the theme following that what are the steps to go back to my apex rom, that's my 1st rom I never switched custom roms before n don't wanna screw it up and lose everything. Again I really appreciate ya help!!
  6. BayouFlyFisher

Sorry for the slow response. I've been out and about a lot.

Make a backup of your system (Apex rom) before you change anything. Once you have that backup, you can always return to your apex rom.

Once you've loaded the new rom, make a backup of it without the theme. Then load the theme and boot up. Play around with the new themed rom and make sure it's to your liking. If so, make a backup and you're done. If you don't like the new theme and want to try another, load your virgin Liberty and flash another them on it. You can do this until you find Liberty theme you do like.

You probably know this by now, but the latest version of Liberty is 1.5. So the 1.0 would be an older version. Usually themes for older versions of a rom do not work on newer versions of that rom. That is not a rule as I've had few that would do so on the Ultimate Droid roms and I had one that worked on the Sapphire roms.

Good luck with all that and hope you have fun!!