Custom ringtones

rmcurtisiii

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
How can I use a particular song for my standard ringtone? How can I attach different ones to particular callers? Any help greatly appreciated.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum! You can long press on a song and that will bring up a menu giving you the option to "save as ringtone". Then go into contacts, click on a contact you want to assign a specific ringtone, click the edit button (it looks like the tip of a pencil) then scroll down to ringtone. Change to the ringtone of choice, then click save. Repeat accordingly.
There are also a number of apps to use to make your own ringtones from MP3's you have saved to your device. Ringdroid is a popular one, (free in the Play Store), but there are dozens of similar apps available.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
R

rmcurtisiii

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Welcome to the forum! You can long press on a song and that will bring up a menu giving you the option to "save as ringtone". Then go into contacts, click on a contact you want to assign a specific ringtone, click the edit button (it looks like the tip of a pencil) then scroll down to ringtone. Change to the ringtone of choice, then click save. Repeat accordingly.
There are also a number of apps to use to make your own ringtones from MP3's you have saved to your device. Ringdroid is a popular one, (free in the Play Store), but there are dozens of similar apps available.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n
I appreciate your quick response. I'm still struggling though. I have a song I want to use. I can play it in Google Play Music, however, I've tried long pressing it about every way I can, but with no menu item of "save as a ringtone" coming up. What to do? Thanks.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I appreciate your quick response. I'm still struggling though. I have a song I want to use. I can play it in Google Play Music, however, I've tried long pressing it about every way I can, but with no menu item of "save as a ringtone" coming up. What to do? Thanks.
You can download ringtone maker and customize ring tone from any point of the song you choose. I choose By The Way RHCP for all calls. Simply looks for any MP3s on your phone and you're good to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
R

rmcurtisiii

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
You can download ringtone maker and customize ring tone from any point of the song you choose. I choose By The Way RHCP for all calls. Simply looks for any MP3s on your phone and you're good to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks to everyone for their help. The ringtone maker was the way to go. Appreciated the advice. Have a great weekend.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Another long time Ringdroid user myself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

MarBearCat

Reaction score
LOL! My ring tone is, I kid you not, (I won't spell out all the words but you'll know what I mean)

"A-HOLE CALLING!, A-HOLE CALLING! THERE'S AN A-HOLE ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE! ANSWER IT QUICK, SO YOU CAN TALK TO
THE BIG A-HOLE!"

:-D

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
LOL! My ring tone is, I kid you not, (I won't spell out all the words but you'll know what I mean)

"A-HOLE CALLING!, A-HOLE CALLING! THERE'S AN A-HOLE ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE! ANSWER IT QUICK, SO YOU CAN TALK TO
THE BIG A-HOLE!"

:-D
I knew a co worker that had the same thing. We were in the middle of some company training in our conference room one day and he forgot to put his phone on vibrate. Hilarious! The boss didn't think so but the rest of us did.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Buddy HAD one for this wife that said "The B is calling, answer the phone, the B is calling"...

Some friends and I gave him a pretty hard time about that one... yea, it's gone. No one thought it was funny. ;)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I had one for one of my "friends" that screamed "Bulls******Alert!" over and over.

If I helped you please press Thanks!