Custom Ringtones

Cwagmire

Reaction score
During stock froyo, liberty 1.0 and 1.5, I was able to select a custom ringtone using a music file on my SD card.

Now it seems only 2.0.1, it won't let me do this. Has anyone else been able to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Don't know much about the DX or liberty.....but handcent sms has that for a setting, let's u use it to scroll through music on sd card and assign it to whatever

Sent from my Droid

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Don't know much about the DX or liberty.....but handcent sms has that for a setting, let's u use it to scroll through music on sd card and assign it to whatever

Sent from my Droid

Yeah, I use Handcent, but what I had before was when someone called me, it would be a custom ringtone.

Unless there is something I don't know about Handcent, it's only for test messages/SMS.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Its in settings, account settings.....handcent ringtone picker. Then when u try to add a ringtone to someone, the popup will come up and pick the handcent one. It let's u browse all ur music files.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Its in settings, account settings.....handcent ringtone picker. Then when u try to add a ringtone to someone, the popup will come up and pick the handcent one. It let's u browse all ur music files.

Sent from my Droid

It was already checked off for my on my Handcent, but when I unselected and reselected, I was able to then change my default ringtone to an mp3!

Oh well it works not. Thanks Jimmydene84!

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Glad u got it working. Stock ringers are terrible!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jocko1

Reaction score

Some of them are hilariously horrible. =D escpecially the ones named "Droid something" i.e. the ringtone called droid x.

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score

Ya, I was using Game Over Guitar which isn't bad compared to the others. Thanks again for the help! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums