Custom Ringtone Question

Ken Lynch

Reaction score
Have Motorola Droid 2 Global. Attach to computer via USB. Display the SD card contents. Created media folder in root directory. Created audio folder in media directory. Created ringtones folder in audio directory. Placed test.wav in ringtones directory. Full power offed the droid. Powered up droid and displayed ringtone choices on droid. Test was not picked up. Did the same thing by pacing a test.ogg and test.mp3 file in ringtones directory with same results. Where have I gone wrong?

D

dankarlinski

i seem to have trouble doing this sometimes too. what i do it take my mp3, put it in the folder, and then use astro to set it as the default ringtone.

make sure that you disconnect the phone from the compy or that may cause some permission issues which could create your problem

OP
K

Ken Lynch

Reaction score
I need to explain that I am very new to this type of phone. The phone is new and I have nothing on it other than what came from Verizon. I thought by doing what I did the new tone (test) would show up in the list of ringtones that are displayed on the phone when selecting desired ringtone. This said, I am unable to understand your what you suggest I do.:icon_ nono2:

menoarenoniceguy

Reaction score
Go to the market, download Ringdroid (it's free) and you can do anything you want with your ringtones/notifications. It's a great app.

OP
K

Ken Lynch

Reaction score
Go to the market, download Ringdroid (it's free) and you can do anything you want with your ringtones/notifications. It's a great app.
Thank you for the response. I down loaded the app as you directed and after some playing was able to install the ringtone I wanted. Not sure what the app did beyond what I had already done but what the heck it works. Thanks

les spector

Reaction score
Custom Ringtone File Location

I found a simple solution - The Ringtones Folder should be created in the main directory rather than in a media sub-folder. I did this with Windows Explorer, attaching the phone to the PC, made a ringtones folder, copied the mp3 files into there, and they show up on the ringtone list and do work. The volume is too low and I have to work on that, but the install is simple.