Custom ringtone options??

Droid_Vader

Reaction score
OK, I was a long time blackberry user and moved over to the Droid side:) I'm loving the droid experience so far and I'm not looking back. With that said I have a minor issue with custom ring tones.

I was able to have a custom ring tones from songs on my blackberry that I used for email,text and phone calls. I loved that option just so I knew who is calling/texting me without having to look at my phone.

I can't set custom songs for text messages for my individual contacts on my Droid X. I can only set 1 custom song for all my text messages. I only get to do custom songs for my contacts on phone calls only??

Note: My Droid X is still stock without any 3rd party apps on it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use RingoPro. It has tons of options that you'll love :D

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
RingDroid let's you make custom ringtones right out of your music collection ;)

Super Turtleman

Reaction score
RingDroid let's you make custom ringtones right out of your music collection ;)

From my personal experience, ringdroid wasn't able to make a usable ringtone for me. The sound was way distorted. I was using a ringtone off of phonezoo and then trying to shorten it (that may've been the problem). Either way, ringdroid won't resolve the op's issue.

I will check into Corina's suggestion though as I'm looking for a similar solution.

fluxxy

Reaction score
Ring tone editor lets you cut mp3s into ring tones or phone zoo.com

Handcent sms lets you set custom sms sounds and led for each contact

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

D

Dragon3463

I thought droid does...apparently it don't without the help of a third-party app?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought droid does...apparently it don't without the help of a third-party app?

That's kinda the point. At least imo. Whatever you can't do straight off the phone, you can do with an app. Plus ringdroid is free.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App