Custom ringtone after update

kathyw

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new user (Droid 4) and just upgraded my OS to 6.16.217. I had a custom ringtone that seems to have disappeared from the list of available ringtone options. Any ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Kathy

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Where did you originally store the ringtones? Like what folder, etc.

OP
K

kathyw

Reaction score
I followed the instructions I found on the forum and put it on the SD card, which I named "droid card" in droid card/system/media/audio/ringtones in an mp3 file. The file is physically still there and I can play it.

Ok, nevermind :) I just checked the list again after playing the file and now it's listed. Go figure...

Thanks very much anyway! I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Kathy

Last edited:

verranc

Reaction score
The real easy solution to setting custom ringtones on contact names

after much difficulty with this and forums not providing any easy solution, here it is right from Motorola.

Go to settings, then sounds, then phone ringtone. Set your ringtone from your music library, once on "phone ringtone" your song will appear on the Stock ringtone lists that motorola provides. Then if you want you can change your "phone" ringtone to anything song you want.

Then for contacts go to contact , hit menu, set ringtone and the custom song you originally put to your phone ringtone will work.

This eliminates the creation of any folders. Good luck