Custom Recovery not working

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by quiklives, May 7, 2011.

1. quiklives

quiklives New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might be missing something obvious here...

Just updated from 2.0.1 to GB .5 without any apparent problems. As far as I can tell, everything works, except...I downloaded the Blue Haze theme, and when I went to boot into recovery, I got the yellow fist and then a blank screen. The backlight is on, but it's a black screen. Doing a battery pull and restarting the phone gets me back into my phone just fine, but still no way to install themes. It worked this way through the Droid X bootstrap app, through Liberty Toolbox with or without DX Bootstrap still installed, and whether I chose "Install from SD" or "Install Bootstrap".

I feel like I've tried everything I can think of, but I also have a feeling that I'm missing the obvious, as stated above. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I love the way Liberty runs, but could do without the yellow.

*Edit: Just a note - I went from 2.0.1 to the full install version of .1 GB to .5

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. pfunk

pfunk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure "usb debugging" is disabled (unchecked). Then try to bootstrap into cw. You can find it in applications/development

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  3. quiklives

quiklives New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - when I do that, and then try to boot into recovery, nothing at all happens. I tap Bootstrap Recovery and it gives me the normal Success pop up, then Reboot Recovery simply does nothing at all.

Edit: When I choose Install Bootstrap in Liberty Toolbox, it tells me "Unable to remount file system read/write"

4. kilahimm

kilahimm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you happen to lose root access? Try opening superuser, if it forces closes when you try to open it install an updated version from the market. This might help.