Custom Recovery Image

Cmonson

Reaction score
So what would a Custom Recovery Image do? I know unlocking the bootloader would allow our phones to reach their potentials but what would the recovery image do?

dclmac

Reaction score
So what would a Custom Recovery Image do? I know unlocking the bootloader would allow our phones to reach their potentials but what would the recovery image do?

Not sure if you've been keeping up with the talk, but this whole thing was a sham... guess we're stuck with our stupid a$$ locked bootloaders. :-/

Cloud36426

Reaction score

Not sure if you've been keeping up with the talk, but this whole thing was a sham... guess we're stuck with our stupid a$$ locked bootloaders. :-/

Yep plus alias said on twitter he was taking a break.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DJxPanda

Reaction score

If I understand correctly, a custom recovery image is what you can use to get through the kernel and ultimately the bootloader. You flash it and allows you to boot up into a cracked kernel, which is your signal that youve cracked the bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App