Custom notifications not working (Handcent, Default Messaging App)

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by rancehood, Sep 11, 2014.

1. rancehood

rancehood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I subscribe to a news outlet that sends SMS messages to my Galaxy S5. The funny thing is that I cant set a custom notification tone for this sender using Handcent or the Default SMS App but I can set it Using Goolge Handouts.

I have attempted to add the sender (and it shows up as an SMTP address) in my messaging app to the contacts list and set a custom notification tone. The fact that it only shows up as an SMTP address in Handcent is something that I think may be causing the problem but I'm not sure.

However I can do it with Google handouts.

2. rancehood

rancehood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am still unable to get this to work, I've gone so far as to remove the google hangouts app. Thinking that this may have been causing the issues. Before hand I change the option to link to Gmail address.

One strange this was that when I was in hangouts it showed a message from that sender (news@provider.net) in both SMS and Gmail. In the default messaging app I dont see a phone icon next to the sender.

When I try to set the custom ring tone in handcent it looks like it takes but keeps using the default tone.

3. rancehood

rancehood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. rancehood

rancehood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bump

Search tags for this page

handcent app not notifying

handcent custom contact notification