Custom Launcher Hexy Launcher, A New Way To Organize Your Home Screen

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hexy-launcher-aa-710x426.jpg

If you were looking for a new experience on your Home Screen then "Hexy Launcher" may be for you. Hexy Launcher makes your home screen a canvas of hexagonal tiles which adapt to how you use your apps. If you are a heavy app user you know how frustrating it can be to chose only a few of your favorite apps for your home screen. Folders help with that by allowing you to group apps in categories, but require an extra click to open the folder prior to launching the app.

Even if you have chosen what you consider to be your top used apps for your home screen you may still find yourself opening up your app drawer to find and open the one or two apps you forgot you use all the time. Hexy Launcher adapts and adjusts to the way you use your phone. Hexy learns from how you use your device and predicts which apps you will likely need and places those on the home screen for you. All the apps are arranged in a hexagonal grid. There is a central hexagon that contains the apps Hexy learns are most relevant to you. You can filter apps in your grid with a serach, and you can add widgets and resize them as needed.

This app was developed during one of Swiftkey's innovation weeks and is being released in Swiftkey greenhouse. This is not officially supported, but seems to be stable enough to use as a daily driver. Head to the link below to give this innovative launcher a try!

via Play Store

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Agreed...too hard to focus on any one tile, too much going on.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1 the screen is too busy....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I saw that I had the same reaction like an ios user I showed Nova Launcher for the first time. When I went 1 way with my main screen and opposite way with my dock I lost him.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm gonna say it looks nice but definitely way too much...it seems most of us like the minimal look.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So...what happens when you start using (let's say) Twitter more than Facebook? Are you gonna wake up one morning and they're switched?

Also, app drawers and folders are for storing apps. Not the homescreen. Just my opinion, but I keep my most used apps in my dock, less used 4 on my main screen with beautiful widgets clock, still less used the further out I go. 5 screens is prime for me. SERIOUSLY rarely/NEVER used apps stay in the app drawer. I don't want ALL of my apps on my homescreen. My wife's got a setup that makes NO sense to me, but it works for her. She also doesn't have all of her apps on her homescreens though.

Are people really that incapable of setting up their device to suit their needs? Seems like apps like this just keep popping up. Stop trying to fix something that most users will tweak to their tastes and needs.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So...what happens when you start using (let's say) Twitter more than Facebook? Are you gonna wake up one morning and they're switched?

Also, app drawers and folders are for storing apps. Not the homescreen. Just my opinion, but I keep my most used apps in my dock, less used 4 on my main screen with beautiful widgets clock, still less used the further out I go. 5 screens is prime for me. SERIOUSLY rarely/NEVER used apps stay in the app drawer. I don't want ALL of my apps on my homescreen. My wife's got a setup that makes NO sense to me, but it works for her. She also doesn't have all of her apps on her homescreens though.

Are people really that incapable of setting up their device to suit their needs? Seems like apps like this just keep popping up. Stop trying to fix something that most users will tweak to their tastes and needs.
Ios converts my man, ios converts. At first many really are not capable of doing the things we take for granted such as making use of an app drawer and/or extra docks. That's why they chose ios before. Apple does the setup thinking for you in more ways than Google. It's that simplicity that is appealing to so many, my wife and daughters being just 3 of them.
I use 2 home screens with 3 icons total (2 mine on the main a clock widget and my dialer, 1 widget ,Kids Mode, for my 7 year olds stuff on the other) and 5 docks with 7 apps each plus have a gesture on Nova to make the docks disappear unless I want to use any. Honestly the 35 in docks is more than I really need, just haven't gotten around to changing that yet since they're out of the way most of the time.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4