Custom Kernel

Reaction score
Reaction score
Jamezelle,

Thank you for all your hard work on this one. Unfortunately, every time one fire gets put out, another one is started!

I like to use your custom kernels. The one you released recently has many problems with 1.1.14.0 and 1.1.14.1. I tried using your kernel from December and that seemed to work until I realized that Wireless Tether will not start now. It keeps asking if my phone is rooted?!

Well, long story short, I am sticking to 1.1.7 for now with your latest kernel release. I depend on all aspects of this to work. Wireless tether is a must for me. 1.1.7 is fast and flawless for me.

Hopefully, 1.1.21 will play nicer with my phone. I will say I was surprised that you have to reverse engineer MIUI!? I assumed that it was open source.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

gambit07

Reaction score
Jamezelle,

Thank you for all your hard work on this one. Unfortunately, every time one fire gets put out, another one is started!

I like to use your custom kernels. The one you released recently has many problems with 1.1.14.0 and 1.1.14.1. I tried using your kernel from December and that seemed to work until I realized that Wireless Tether will not start now. It keeps asking if my phone is rooted?!

Well, long story short, I am sticking to 1.1.7 for now with your latest kernel release. I depend on all aspects of this to work. Wireless tether is a must for me. 1.1.7 is fast and flawless for me.

Hopefully, 1.1.21 will play nicer with my phone. I will say I was surprised that you have to reverse engineer MIUI!? I assumed that it was open source.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Where can I find these older kernels to try?

Reaction score
Check an earlier post of mine on this thread. The kernel is there.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

altimax98

Reaction score
I'm currently running the 1250ulv kernel with swap enabled and this phone its rocking it. Any 1300 kernels out there :)

Sent from one of those missing Droids

Reaction score
I'm currently running the 1250ulv kernel with swap enabled and this phone its rocking it. Any 1300 kernels out there :)

Who's kernel?

Slayher, P3?

altimax98

Reaction score

Who's kernel?

Slayher, P3?

Was running chevy without swap..at 1250.. Now I'm running p3 with the ram swap zip flashed.. I benched 1575 on 14.1 modded.

I think I can get better

soccer568

Reaction score
I tried both kernels and they both got caught in bootloops. I guess my droid just doesnt like them. Im looking forward to your compcache app and updates to this kernel.

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I am getting even worse kern issues on 22 now. Tried multiple overclock apps I have and none will take, the are reset even before a reboot and do not enable on boot.
Also getting no SU love at all.
ROM Manager can't fix permissions. Half get su rights and half don't or think I don't have root and I got my root down.
Gonna try the theme maneuver as in last release. Also the backup app was a complete fail, no big as nandroided and titaniumed. New words, feel free.
J, should we use that theme fix zip, since I get denied by su in terminal. So odd, gives root tools su rights. Also my app that allows tapping menu to unlock is acknowledged and says it is now set, then it won't work.
Ideas
Gotta get that kern as I have run out and have now even tried Colonel Sanders and Colonel Angus.
Enjoyable yes, successful no

juniorjwh

Reaction score
What are you using to achieve this? SetCPU?,what settings ?

Who's kernel?

Slayher, P3?

Was running chevy without swap..at 1250.. Now I'm running p3 with the ram swap zip flashed.. I benched 1575 on 14.1 modded.

I think I can get better

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. I don't wipe just changing kernels. ROMS always get a wipe.

Here's a screenshot of quadrant. This is with a class 2 sd card. I have a class 10 card on order.
aefc4825-ef79-5d1d.jpg

quadrant tests sd cards?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
miui 1.22 no mods...stock sdcard... slayher 1.7 @ 1.2ghz

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
4a41c5ad-f6de-5de7.jpg

soccer568

Reaction score
Nice score do you have compcache enable on that slayher kernel?If you are how do you enable compcache i am using his kernel but dont know how to enable it?