1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

custom gmail notification

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by djspy, Nov 1, 2012.

1. djspy

djspy New Member

On my DROID 1 I created two folders on my SD Card "Alarms" and "Notifications" I would just move the audio I wanted to use on either folder and that would be it. The audio files would now appear on my choices for setting my desired notification or alarm sound. I tried doing the same with my RAZR and it doesn't work. I created a folder called Alarms because I wanted to use a specific song to go off when the alarm went off but the song doesn't appear on the list. I found a work around by first setting the desired song as my default ringtone then choose it for the alarm ringtone. I wanted to use the "you've got mail" from AOL as my email ringtone so I created a folder called notifications and dropped the sample there. I then went to Gmail/settings ringtone but the you've got mail sample wasn't there. Only the default choices were listed. How can I set up the you've got mail sample as my Gmail ringtone? I hope I don't have to root my phone. Thanks.
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Did you try restarting the phone? Then see if the sound shows up

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  3. djspy

djspy New Member

Yes and it didn't work. But I did more digging around with My Files app and in the phone storage there's a folder called media. Inside there there's audio>notifications. I dropped the sound there and it worked. I now have You've Got Mail as my Gmail notification.
Search tags for this page
droid razr custom notification

you ve got mail ringtone for droid

you've got mail notification for android

you've got mail notification in gmail android

you've got mail ringtone for android
you've got mail sound for gmail android