custom gingerbread rom?

scottmckenrick

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there have been any gingerbread roms out yet. I am a big fan of Liberty but I just couldnt pass up gingerbread leak.

Last edited:

timelord

Reaction score
Nope, not as of yet. But there are some in development. Keep checking :)

timelord

Reaction score
I heard that many of the devs were moving on to other things/phones. But it seems the gb release has made a few devs commit to doing gb roms. I'd expect all the major players will be releasing gb roms in the near future.

jsvanham

Reaction score
Drewgaren.com has a couple gingerbread roms out. Running gingeraid with juices theme. Not a bad look and most of the bloat is removed. Also allows email to use exchange. Had a hard time getting work email with stock rom and now it is working great.

lintonindy

Reaction score
Is that the ZapX rom I'm on now. Can I flash Juice's theme over it? I was afraid the theme would screw up the Rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jsvanham

Reaction score
I tried zap x out, but I think ll gingeraid is a little faster. I was not sure about flashing the juice theme over it, but have had no problems or fc's.
Both roms are on drewgaren.com

bL33d

Reaction score
do you think liberty will release a gingerbread rom?

I hope so though I like hdmi out and blur camera so I would love for apex to get released. I made a couple roms for the og droid back in the day but I don't really have time to do it.

Reaction score
Go to alldroid.org find Droid x in the forum and find rubix (drod) he has a very early release of gengerblur its more for testing but its there.

lintonindy

Reaction score
I tried the Rubix Rom for Gingerbread and found it pretty slow, not much of an improvement over stock. ZapX has been very fast but I'm gonna flash the one suggested above and see how that compares on my device.

Reaction score
Please post back after you do that I'm very curious.

lintonindy

Reaction score
I am getting relatively similar results with gingeraid and Zaps 4.1 in both quadrant and overall snappiness. Slight edge on this gingeraid maybe, but juiceman's beautiful theme flashed right over without a hitch. OC'd to 1.25 and quadrant scores between 2000 to 2200. Very happy with my X right now. I have an upgrade due as well as a tax check but nervous the Tbolt isn't much or any kind of upgrade at all. I want to be grandfathered in on 4g though. I will report back on battery consumption after a couple days but its definitely not dropping fast at all.

Reaction score
I am getting relatively similar results with gingeraid and Zaps 4.1 in both quadrant and overall snappiness. Slight edge on this gingeraid maybe, but juiceman's beautiful theme flashed right over without a hitch. OC'd to 1.25 and quadrant scores between 2000 to 2200. Very happy with my X right now. I have an upgrade due as well as a tax check but nervous the Tbolt isn't much or any kind of upgrade at all. I want to be grandfathered in on 4g though. I will report back on battery consumption after a couple days but its definitely not dropping fast at all.

Might just try it out.