Custom fitted car mount

cyber3d

Reaction score
Could not live with that big suction cup thing. When the Droid's not mounted, I just flip the mount face down.

What? Can't see the speedo? --- "We don't need no stinking miles per hour"

20055.jpg

20506.jpg

zasran

Reaction score
Seems like a pretty bad place for Droid, obstructs the view and you can't really control it when it's behind the wheel,

ero

OP
cyber3d

cyber3d

Reaction score
You know that's what I said at first. But I thought "what the hell" In reality, once you set it, you need not touch it until you arrive. For me the visual obstruction is minimal as zip can see over it easily.

Reaction score
cyber3d, how did you rig that up? I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix and I'm thinking of attaching mine somewhere on the dash, but I haven't bothered as of yet, but looking at those pictures is making me think about getting the moto dock and modding it and my car...

don_813

Reaction score
i drive stick so i need to see that stuff. im too noob and i rely on it

DJTURNz

Reaction score
If you are already going to drill a hole in the steering column cover, I'd just mount it with a screw to make it less permanent. You can get a threaded insert for the stem of the mount and just secure it with a screw/washer/threadlocker.

As for set and forget, if you are using navigation, with no alternate routes, yes that's fine. But if you want to use music, or Pandora, you may want to be able to hit some buttons.
Can you easily get your charger over there?

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's not going to do a good job of recording video when you're out futzing around... ;) ;) ;)