Custom D3 Bootanimation

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Anyone made custom bootanimations for the D3 yet? I made one which has Sonic the Hedgehog animations where he dances. I'll see about getting a preview set up and a download link later if you guys want.

Anyone got one specifically for D3?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ultima

Reaction score
i wanna make some but sadly procrastination has interfered...

do old bootanims work? i havent tried but i know D3 has 3 folders & D1/D2 only had 2

OP
R

RadzPrower

Reaction score
The desc.txt is formatted the same it's all a matter of image size. It's 540x960 if memory serves. I'm at the in-laws right now and don't have my laptop to work with.

My Sonic bootanimation tends to run a tad sluggish, but I'm working on finding a balance between image quality and acceptable speeds.

ultima

Reaction score
there is a program that can take a video & turn it into a folder full of pics...i used it back on the D1 to make a bootanim and now i cant remember it or find the vid i saw it on

if anybody knows plz tell me...

edit: think i found it

Last edited:
Reaction score
there is a program that can take a video & turn it into a folder full of pics...i used it back on the D1 to make a bootanim and now i cant remember it or find the vid i saw it on

What's the program?

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem."

Tepes

Reaction score
i wanna make some but sadly procrastination has interfered...

do old bootanims work? i havent tried but i know D3 has 3 folders & D1/D2 only had 2

They do work. I'm running custom from my D1. It looks a lot smaller on this screen, but still beautiful :) Can't figure out how to get my audio to work though.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

OP
R

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Did the original have sound? If so, it is likely that you need to move the sound file. Seems it must be in both /system/media/ and /data/local/ for some reason.

I also used a program to convert a video file to individual frames. Not sure what it's called since I still don't have my laptop.

EDIT: Also, you can modify the desc.txt file to change the image size. Make sure it maintains aspect ratio or it will look stretched.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

imnotmikal

Reaction score
I use the Droid Bionic boot anim :D

[video=youtube;hPOuQ4mmd4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOuQ4mmd4U[/video]

I've since added the Bionic sound, but it's not in the video

OP
R

RadzPrower

Reaction score
You know, I've seen the Bionic boot and I don't really care much for it. Just like all the other Droid eyes essentially.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Bump. I'd like to know too.

Tepes

Reaction score
Did the original have sound? If so, it is likely that you need to move the sound file. Seems it must be in both /system/media/ and /data/local/ for some reason.

EDIT: Also, you can modify the desc.txt file to change the image size. Make sure it maintains aspect ratio or it will look stretched.

The OG used a .sh script to get audio to work.
I tried editing the desc.txt for both audio and size both together and separately and nothing worked. Every time I ended up with a black screen. Don't know if it is a matter of re-sizing the images themselves or what. All I know is I put my original unedited version on there and it worked just like it did before so I'll just live with that for now :happy:

OP
R

RadzPrower

Reaction score
The OG used a .sh script to get audio to work.
I tried editing the desc.txt for both audio and size both together and separately and nothing worked. Every time I ended up with a black screen. Don't know if it is a matter of re-sizing the images themselves or what. All I know is I put my original unedited version on there and it worked just like it did before so I'll just live with that for now :happy:
Yeah, didn't really get into modding my OG Droid so I'm not familiar with the setup there. I don't see why the resize would not work though...what were the dimensions of the original and what did you change them to?

Tepes

Reaction score
Yeah, didn't really get into modding my OG Droid so I'm not familiar with the setup there. I don't see why the resize would not work though...what were the dimensions of the original and what did you change them to?

480 800 and I changed it to match the current boot which is 540 960. I'm sure there is something smarter to do than that, but I never dabbled in creating a custom boot on the OG, this was created by someone else and tweaked by another person to work on my OG.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

ultima

Reaction score
What's the program?

it wasnt it. it was an old vid program i had but not the one im looking 4...when i find ill post

so i made a short one, but i either get original boot w/ custom sound, black sreen & sound, or "android" & no sound

OP
R

RadzPrower

Reaction score
I used DVDVideo£oft. It has a video to jpg converter tool. As for the bogus animations, I can't really help without taking a look at the zip.

Sent from my rooted Droid 3