custom charger for two droid 2's

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by ajg596, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ajg596

ajg596 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to make a charger and dock for two droid 2 phones using one outlet. I was wondering if u guys could help out. I can use the usb cables from the chargers, but I need help making the circuit board before the two usb ports. I need a schematic of the circuit board I would make with the resistor amounts, capasitor amounts, ect. So they wouldn't get overcharged or undercharged. Can somebody help me out? Or a schematic of the ol charger plug from the outlet before the usb plug and I could get it from their. Thanks for all your help guys

2. VooDooCC

VooDooCC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I needed something similar with 2 different phones, but since I didn't really care about looks. I just plug a small usb hub into the outlet to usb adapter, then plug the usb cables in that way.

3. nickheart

nickheart New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm seeing a problem that the DROID doesn't want to go to the full 500ma (go read the USB spec at WiKi ... I can't be bothered to provide a link :( ) for usb when attached to a USB hub which has no computer host!

I'm trying to make a portable charger for USB devices (IE DROID, iPod {yeah, I'm not a fan of Apple, but they made a product that was worth my $$$}, and a Kindle) but the DROID isn't happy with a powered USB hub.

I plug into my computer, and the lock screen says "[PERCENT_CHARGE]-Charging" (might be the other way around - but you get my point), however when I plug the DROID into my powered USB hub with no computer uplink I get nothing.

I can see that I'm charging with particular tools (SystemPanelLight) but the little white LED next to the charging jack is _NOT_ lit, nor does the lock screen report that I'm charging.

Do I need to re-wire the USB hub to remove all the data circuits???

Search tags for this page

android usb charger schematic

android usb charger schematic diagram

charging battery in droid 4, wiring schematic

droid charger curcuit schematics

droid dna usb wire colors

droid x car dock wire schematic

motorola charger schematic

phone charger wiring diagram for droid