Custom Bootanimation

Tepes

Reaction score
So, back on the good ole D1 we were able to change the bootanimation without root just by using ADB to drop it into data/local. Do we think this will still work? I miss my boot. If so, what would be required? the Droid 3 SDK? What do we set the usb to? PC mode? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, since the current boot has sound do you think we could also drop our sound into the Data/local and have it register?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it wont work because the bootloader is locked on the D3. You'll have to wait for root

CM74DX

OP
Tepes

Tepes

Reaction score
I never really realized how lucky we truly were with the OG. But I am definitly enjoying the new power of my D3 :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2!

obstar85

Reaction score
I know what you mean the OG was amazing in its own way. I would miss mine if the D3 wasn't so damn smooth and sexy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Darksthour

Reaction score
I know what you mean the OG was amazing in its own way. I would miss mine if the D3 wasn't so damn smooth and sexy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I do miss mine. It was an amazing phone. In fact I still use it as a media player on wifi for pandora and google music while at work. Plus I can still mess around with roms and all those goodies till they unlock the bootloader on my Droid 3.