Custom Boot Problems (droid 1)

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by xstewiegriffinx, Nov 29, 2010.

1. xstewiegriffinx

xstewiegriffinx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having an issue with getting a modified version of the R2D2 file to work (received from this topic: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/79595-r2d2-bootanimation-optimized-d1-no-lag.html) I wanted to remove the "star wars" portion from the beginning and replace it with a customized version of a star wars logo with my name on it. I then went into the part0 folder and replaced the original jpegs with the new animation files. I made sure to rename the files one by one so they matched the original. I dropped it in through root explorer. My problem is that the contents in part0 do not play at all. It jumps straight to the contents of part1 (R2D2 looking back and forth) as it boots without playing part0. I put a copy of the file below to see if anybody can help me figure this out.

http://www.filedropper.com/bootanimation_1

I did notice that the files were named "droid_r2d2_0722_0000" and the second one is named "droid_r2d2_0722_0015" when i opened the original. I have read that they need to be sequenced exactly, so I tried renaming them all to names "0000" "0001" "0002" but that results in the entire file not working. I also tried renaming the first file to "droid_r2d2_0722_0014" to match the others in sequence but it results in not having part0 play still. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. xstewiegriffinx

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody? Just looking for some help.

3. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    part0 was compressed when re-added to your archive. If you open your archive, you'll noticed the packed size for part1 and desc.txt match the unpacked size. You'll need to re-add part0 to the archive without compression.

Open your archive and delete the part0 folder within.... Using 7-zip (known to work), browse to the location of your final "part0" folder. Select the folder and click the add button. Browse to the location of your bootanimation.zip, from which part0 was just deleted, and choose it. Make sure compression level is set to "Store" and click OK.

You should be fine afterwards.

Personally, I would batch rename all the files in order, filename001-059 in part0, filename060-146 in part1.

Also, in your desc.txt, the 3rd line says,
    p 0 10 part1
    I thought the 2nd number there, 10, is supposed to represent the delay before the next part. I don't think it hurts anything or will affect anything either.

4. xstewiegriffinx

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to try that and see what I can come up with. I have been using winrar for the files, so I'll switch to 7-zip. I have photoshop but I'm not sure about a quick method for batch renaming. If you can suggest one, I'd definitely use it (I currently rename it all by hand and it SUCKS lol).

Also I'm not sure about the desc.txt file. I literally took it word for word out of the file from the original topic.

edit: I am reading up on batch renaming in photoshop bridge so I'll try that and see if it works.

#4 xstewiegriffinx, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  5. xstewiegriffinx

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it! I couldn't go into the archive and hit "add" (for some reason it says it's not a supported function) but I just put them all into a new archive with 7-zip and set it to store. After I put it in, everything works great. Thanks for the help djakrse!

6. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
  7. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Cool. Glad you got it working