Custom Boot help :[

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Digital_Dementia, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Digital_Dementia

Digital_Dementia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do I install a custom boot image? I've seen several different ways I saw matthews using root explorer which I can't afford right now anyone know a free way?

2. 05Ravenr6

05Ravenr6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    easy way is to use sdk but keep in mind that anytime you clear data when installing a ROM that requires you to wipe data you will hafta do it over again. Download your bootanimation and make sure you rename it to bootanimation.zip and place it in your tools folder. Then make sure you mount your droid and open up command prompt. Change the directory in cmd prompt to wherever your sdk tools folder is...ex mine is in C:\sdk\tools. Now type ADB Push bootanimation.zip data\local and hit enter. It should show the file push and size and you should be all set...reboot and enjoy

3. moosc

moosc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    im in the same boat.. i have tried every thing been to countless sights and nothing been at at for four hours i cant change my boot for the life of me and its BS..

4. ezekiel2000

ezekiel2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check out my post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/9803-my-boot-animation-3.html#post99811 , it details the steps you are going to need to follow to do it one of the free ways...

Try putting your adb push command in all lower case instead of starting with capital letters mixed in...little things like that matter sometimes. Other than that, your command looks correct assuming your bootanimation.zip is in your tools directory also...you're close!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you trying to replace the Motorola "M", or the Droid eye animation?

-Mike