Cursor keeps spacing? Random periods?

Reaction score
Seems like more than lately usual when using my physical keyboard the cursor will just runaway with spaces, or it will randomly add a period when all i did was hit the space button.. Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

KillVolume

Reaction score
Double tapping the space button automatically adds a period. Perhaps you're accidentally pressing it twice?

akhi216

Reaction score
Double tapping the space button automatically adds a period. Perhaps you're accidentally pressing it twice?

I don't know if you are trolling but OP addressed a known issue with hard keyboard presses on the D3.

@OP - This was fixed with the leaked update. I suggest that you find it on the internet or wait for about a week or so to receive the OTA.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Cubanito

Reaction score
It has happened to me quite a few times. I will wait until official update hits, good to know that is one of the fixes.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

leobg

Reaction score
Same thing occurs every now and then with XT860 too. I think it is a software bug.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

Rocky

Reaction score
I was about to open a thread about this, which drives me nutz sometimes.

I'm glad to read there's a fix coming up. Hope to see it soon.

Rocky

P.S. While typing this short post I had those running dots go off three times. No kidding. Shoot!

mjdurango

Reaction score
Seems like more than lately usual when using my physical keyboard the cursor will just runaway with spaces, or it will randomly add a period when all i did was hit the space button.. Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?
As far as I know there isn't a fix. I was lucky as I bought a extended warranty and Verizon sent me a new rectified phone. I hope you have an extended warranty. If not maybe this problem will be addressed in the new update Verizon is supposed to be releasing. Oh and I know exactly what it is doing. The guy underneath dose not. I am not trying to be rude it just that I had the same problem. You press the space bar and the cursor keeps going till you hit another button.

jpblock82

Reaction score
Mine does it too!! Hope the updates fixes this!!

Sent from my DROID3

Rocky

Reaction score
Not only the space and dot keys, but also the delete key on mine.

Still waiting for the air fix.

Rocky

Reaction score
Just received an OTA update this Friday that fixed this bug. No more nonstop spacing, periods, deleting and... whatever else it may have driven me crazy. Yay!

Last edited:

mjdurango

Reaction score
Well we can put this one to rest, thanks to the OTA Angels of mercy.

leobg

Reaction score
I wish we, Canadian users of XT860, could say the same.. No OTA yet, not even word about update ...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk