Cursor Control & Fast Text Messages (Help?)

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
As I have mentioned before, I am a total Droid Noob. I have 2 annoyances that I hope someone can help with.

The first is that when I am entering text, in any app at all, there is no cursor control to fix mistakes. Am I missing something here? I know I can tap the screen to get me close to what I want to edit, but I have to delete several letters and retype the message. What's hard is when you can't get the cursor to get close. Then you end up deleting and retyping a line of text, to fix one letter.

The other problem I am having is that when people forward text messages to me, the often don't stay on the screen long enough to read them. Someone sent me one this morning, and after re-reading the msg, 20+ times, I'm about half way through the message, because it disappears 2 seconds after showing the text. It doesn't look to be an animation.

Greg

lemodular

Reaction score
As for your text editing, if you hold your finger near the txt to be edited, a magnifier will pop up and you can slide your fingers to the desired position. This is how it works in theory anyways. As for me and my big fingers, it's still difficult.

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I have to try it on different apps. When I hold it I get a menu with options for pasting and input method. I'll keep trying to figure it out. Thanks much!

Greg

downtime57

Reaction score
I just installed the trial version of "Better Keyboard 8" and it has a keypad with up/down/left/right arrows (you tap ?123 and then <> to get there). Not extremely convenient to access but at least it's there. I'll give a few more days and then decide to buy or drop.

Peter.

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
How's that Better keyboard working out?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
To get the magnifying glass, you have to hit the text once, making ared indicator come up, AND THEN you press and hold on the red indicator. Otherwise, you will get the text editing menu!

Jambanc

Reaction score
I use ultra keyboard and love it... it has cursor movement and a ton of extra things it's free 4 24 hours and then it's like 3 bucks but it's totally worth it in my book check it out!

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
The reviews say that Better Keyboard 8 has a big security problem.

I tried the different ways of getting a magnified box. I can get a magified box to view, but not to edit.

lterry913

Reaction score
if you are using swype just swype from the swype key to sym key and arrows or cursors show up

lterry913

Reaction score
no credit

No credit to me...I found it in post a while back...glad I could pay it forward lol.

Janet1025

Reaction score
As I have mentioned before, I am a total Droid Noob. I have 2 annoyances that I hope someone can help with.

The first is that when I am entering text, in any app at all, there is no cursor control to fix mistakes. Am I missing something here? I know I can tap the screen to get me close to what I want to edit, but I have to delete several letters and retype the message. What's hard is when you can't get the cursor to get close. Then you end up deleting and retyping a line of text, to fix one letter.

The other problem I am having is that when people forward text messages to me, the often don't stay on the screen long enough to read them. Someone sent me one this morning, and after re-reading the msg, 20+ times, I'm about half way through the message, because it disappears 2 seconds after showing the text. It doesn't look to be an animation.

Greg

What text app are you using? I've never had my message(s) disappear of the screen...