Currently on 4.2.2, should I update, if now, how do I stop it ?

loco

Reaction score
I picked up a used Galaxy S4. So far, I love it. I'm coming over from an iPhone 4. What a difference !

Anyway, its currently on 4.2.2. Ive been reading that people are having issues with 4.3. This is making me not want to upgrade. I keep getting the notification, and would like to make it stop if possible. Unless of course, you guys think I should go ahead with the upgrade ??

GVLBob

Reaction score
No one can give you a rock-solid answer to your question, but I will say:

1. I'm guessing most people haven't had any problems due to the upgrade
2. I did the upgrade, so you know what my decision was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bbtkd

Reaction score
I picked up a used Galaxy S4. So far, I love it. I'm coming over from an iPhone 4. What a difference !

Anyway, its currently on 4.2.2. Ive been reading that people are having issues with 4.3. This is making me not want to upgrade. I keep getting the notification, and would like to make it stop if possible. Unless of course, you guys think I should go ahead with the upgrade ??

One has to be careful making decisions based on reviews or forum postings, since a vast majority of folks do not participate in forums (and are probably happily oblivious to their existence) or reviews - and those that do have a tendency to do so because they are having a problem. I did the update and had no major problems.

I strongly suggest a 1 minute battery pull after the update completes. Several problems reported on the forums after the update were cleared up with a battery pull. Some suggest an FDR (Factory Data Reset) after an update, though that's pretty extreme. Recovering after an FDR can take days to get everything back the way you want it, and can be traumatic if you lose precious data. That said, there are cases where an FDR is necessary, but only as a last resort.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I completed the upgrade a couple of days ago with no problem. But, on the other side of the coin, I've noticed absolutely no difference in the way the phone works.

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
I would like to report that I updated this morning. Did the battery pull and so far, I see no issues.

Thanks for the advice everyone.