current thunderbolt owner thinking

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Hey guys I am a HTC thunderbolt owner and will be upgrading soon I'm looking at the nexus cause its the best bang for yr buck ...50 bucks how's everyone like ur phone anything I should consider before getting this? Was also thinking about Droid razr also

JRParsons

Reaction score
He's trying to help you out by keeping your thread current.
I just upgraded from the Thunderbolt to the SG3. Definitely a better phone, but it didn't change my life.
I always recommend that you go to a Verizon store and try the phones out. The two you are contemplating are both well regarded on this forum.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
JRParsons said:
He's trying to help you out by keeping your thread current.
I just upgraded from the Thunderbolt to the SG3. Definitely a better phone, but it didn't change my life.
I always recommend that you go to a Verizon store and try the phones out. The two you are contemplating are both well regarded on this forum.

Ok cool thanks bro I know I can go to the store but I also like to poll the people who have the phone and use it every day, like wity the thunderbolt I used to have The re boot issues so any issues with the galaxy I should know

JRParsons

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if you don't get some owner's opinions. Except for some software complaints, I can give a thumbs up for the SG3. I had the reboots also, they would always hit when I was navigating and 10 minutes from my destination. Good luck.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
JRParsons said:
I'd be surprised if you don't get some owner's opinions. Except for some software complaints, I can give a thumbs up for the SG3. I had the reboots also, they would always hit when I was navigating and 10 minutes from my destination. Good luck.

Ty appreciate the insight how much is the difference going from a 8 megapixel camera to the 5 megapixel camera on the nexus ?

JRParsons

Reaction score
If you're asking me, I have an SG3, (8 mp) it is better than the Thunderbolt, but the Thunderbolt was pretty good, so the difference is not huge.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
JRParsons said:
If you're asking me, I have an SG3, (8 mp) it is better than the Thunderbolt, but the Thunderbolt was pretty good, so the difference is not huge.
I think the thunderbolt camera sucks personally, its slow as **** and pics are blurrry a lot, do u know how the camera is in the nexus ??

alboboy10

Reaction score
The nexus is a great phone especially after official jelly bean.

The battery is decent but everything else is great on it. In my opinion it's the best phone on Verizon.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have a non rooted nexus and I'd still prefer it over the s3

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I came from the Thunderbolt to the Nexus and I couldn't be happier. I'm blown away at the amount of dev support on the Nexus compared to the Thunderbolt. And I actually loved my Thunderbolt. Aside from the Droid 1, the Thunderbolt was the best phone I had after that, and now it's the Nexus hands down. I'd say in order of how much I enjoyed the phones, it goes Nexus > Thunderbolt > Droid 1 > Droid 2 Global.

You won't be disappointed if you go with the G. Nexus imo.