Current Droids EOL 3/31/2011

Nibbz

Reaction score
Wow and I thought the original Droid was phased out too quickly. This just means that by March we'll have probably at least 3 new top of the line Droids. One by HTC (the red world droid with slide out keyboard?, and maybe two by Motorola, the Droid Pro whatever that is (im crossing my fingers for a 4.3 inch screen with a slide out keyboard and world capabilities.), and probably the Droid 3 with a redesign.

Phydeaux

Reaction score
Notice the date for the Droid 1, that was 3 weeks ago....and they are still sending out Froyo to it.

Might mean the Droid wont see Gingerbread officially...
If the rumors are correct, then the Droid 1 doesn't meet the minimum specs for Gingerbread, which requires a 1 GHz processor.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Notice the date for the Droid 1, that was 3 weeks ago....and they are still sending out Froyo to it.

Might mean the Droid wont see Gingerbread officially...
If the rumors are correct, then the Droid 1 doesn't meet the minimum specs for Gingerbread, which requires a 1 GHz processor.

Those rumors were shot down by Google a long time ago. Those rumors were baseless and should be taken by what they were, rumors, not fact.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes EOL is when I want a new phone.

Right now my Droid does everything I need it to. Why should I replace it.

Give me the IPhone 4 resolution, a 2mhz processor, a bigger screen, lighter, and more memory and I might consider upgrading.

DanielC

Reaction score
Yes EOL is when I want a new phone.

Right now my Droid does everything I need it to. Why should I replace it.

Give me the IPhone 4 resolution, a 2mhz processor, a bigger screen, lighter, and more memory and I might consider upgrading.

I don't think 2mhz is going to cut it :icon_ banana:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, VZW isn't going to be too charitable with the early upgrades - at a roughly $350 discount it takes a full year of $30 a month data plans to recoup that subsidy.

But I could see them continue to offer the upgrades to tack on 2 more years to your plan. Can't wait to see someone go berserk after several of those locks them in to like effectively a 6 year contract and they move, have to cancel and get a $1000 ETF.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Droid 1 doesn't have enough ram (stupid! had to be intentional...forced obsolescence) which is why I will be anxiously looking for a 1-yr early upgrade in Q1. But IMO apps and capabilities are a long way away from straining 512meg ram and say a 1.3ghz processor. For my needs I think such a phone could easily last me 2 years. I'm not a gamer and the only other thing I could see needing more horsepower would be spreadsheets and powerpoints, something I'm unlikely to do on a 4" screen. Well, and I suppose video and picture editing but it wouldn't seem to be a big deal to do that on a PC.

grace

Reaction score
Oh.I aslo wonder what devices will replace the Droid x,droid 2, and droid incredible , can any friend tell me ?