curious issues..

efexay

Reaction score
Got the R2Droid2 and all I've done is rooted it. I've made no changes to the ROM besides deleting some stock crapware that came on the phone. Here's what I get.

Slacker force closes during a phone call even though I don't have Slacker or the widget open. Really looking at switching to Pandora now. May try an uninstall/reinstall first as I hate making more accounts/passwords.

When hitting the search button in landscape mode, I'll type like 5 letters then the device freezes for about 20 seconds. I'm curious if that Google predictive search feature is hanging or trying to get a GPS fix. Though I don't see the little satellite symbol pop-up.

LauncherPro crashes a few times a week.

Native weather widget reported GPS unavailable despite rebooting and disabling/re-enabling GPS setting and trying all different combinations of GPS options. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And yes, I'm in a major city.

Other than these 3 main issues, and no clear jelly style skins to show off the phone, everything really works great. A marked improvement from my Droid I.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get the same issue with the native search occasionally so I delete its data/cache and it works just fine. How often do you reboot the phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suspect that launcher 2 Pro may in fact be the source of these issues. Try deleting Launcher Pro 2 and using the stock launcher and see if you still have issues.