curious issues..

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by efexay, Nov 23, 2010.

1. efexay

efexay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got the R2Droid2 and all I've done is rooted it. I've made no changes to the ROM besides deleting some stock crapware that came on the phone. Here's what I get.

Slacker force closes during a phone call even though I don't have Slacker or the widget open. Really looking at switching to Pandora now. May try an uninstall/reinstall first as I hate making more accounts/passwords.

When hitting the search button in landscape mode, I'll type like 5 letters then the device freezes for about 20 seconds. I'm curious if that Google predictive search feature is hanging or trying to get a GPS fix. Though I don't see the little satellite symbol pop-up.

LauncherPro crashes a few times a week.

Native weather widget reported GPS unavailable despite rebooting and disabling/re-enabling GPS setting and trying all different combinations of GPS options. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And yes, I'm in a major city.

Other than these 3 main issues, and no clear jelly style skins to show off the phone, everything really works great. A marked improvement from my Droid I.

2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    I get the same issue with the native search occasionally so I delete its data/cache and it works just fine. How often do you reboot the phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. efexay

efexay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once every 2 days?

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I suspect that launcher 2 Pro may in fact be the source of these issues. Try deleting Launcher Pro 2 and using the stock launcher and see if you still have issues.