Curious if I'm the only one.....

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Like I said earlier: the "grass isn't always greener" as the saying goes.

HTC had a LOAD of problems with the Incredible, not sure why you think an untested Thunderbolt is going to be different than any other android phone.

And frankly, all this complaining about "late" firmware updates is really absurd. It's not like the devs have come up with anything froyo specific yet, and the update is coming soon.

Frankly, after perusing the other smartphone threads, the Fascinate sounds like it has FEWER issues.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

sledge3n8

Reaction score
My Incredible was flawless except for the external speaker. I had no other problems with it. I do like my Fascinate, I just don't like how slow Sammy has been with the update process.

No single smartphone is perfect, they all have their pros and cons...even Mr. Jobs overrated iPhone.

Firmware update absurd? Negative on that mister. FLASH and the ability to move apps to my SD card are the "Froyo specific" reasons why I wanted 2.2.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
My Incredible was flawless except for the external speaker. I had no other problems with it. I do like my Fascinate, I just don't like how slow Sammy has been with the update process.

No single smartphone is perfect, they all have their pros and cons...even Mr. Jobs overrated iPhone.

Firmware update absurd? Negative on that mister. FLASH and the ability to move apps to my SD card are the "Froyo specific" reasons why I wanted 2.2.

Lol - well guess what? I've never had any problems with my Fascinate, either - but like the Incredible (and every other droid/smart phone) a LOT of other people have.

And yes - that you can't wait for froyo (flash support, apps to sd) for the Fascinate is patently absurd. Like: 12 year old kid absurd.

Something else to consider about moving apps to SD: the read/write speed is SEVERLY diminished when operating from sd - unless you bone-up for a class 4 (4mb read/write) sd card.

Don't say I didn't warn you: go ahead and try to run a.) the more graphics intensive apps, b.) dvd quality movies without the class 4, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The people that engineer these phones aren't completely stupid.

sledge3n8

Reaction score
...like a 12 year old kid. You are not only funny, but I am assuming uneducated as well. You must also be pretty uptight to throw comments out like that. If you don't have anything constructive to say then why don't you keep your uneducated comments to yourself (of course you won't. I know your type). You write like the typical iPhone fangirl though, so, in one ear and out the other.

Come on girl, RETALIATE, just like I predict you will. I also know that you are gonna come out swinging. Like I said, I know your type. Sigh!

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Come on girl, RETALIATE, just like I predict you will. I also know that you are gonna come out swinging. Like I said, I know your type. Sigh!

...I like turtles.

wil318466

Reaction score
Without Froyo and root and all that good stuff, the Fascinate is a frustratingly dissapointing phone because it is obvious these are software issues, not hardware issues. Hardware is fantastic. The little things surrounding the software are annoying as hell.

With Froyo and tasker, I've pretty much made mine perfect - for me. I'm finally very very happy with it. But I can feel your pain. Before I rom'ed Froyo, I was thoroughly annoyed.

TBV

Reaction score
Yeah sledge, had a factory reset when I went into the verizon store. Guy really seemed like he wanted me to keep the phone and not order a replacement. But the problems still persist. Just waiting for the thunderbolt to come out and be thru with samsung..

90% of the time a hard reset takes care of the issues we see that come into the stores, and personally, I would much rather be able to solve the customer's problem by executing a hard reset then sending them out a replacement, where at this point in the retail 'life' of the Fascinate, the replacement will more than likely be a refurbished or 'certified like new' device, which in some instances may not be better than the device the customer already has.

I have been fortunate in regards to the performance of the Fascinate devices both I and my wife have...minimal glitches, nothing like what was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, and other than the occasional freeze that requires a soft reset/battery pull maybe once a month, my only complaints would be the GPS being a bit weak to get the navigation started, and the lag of getting 2.2...

Even with the launch of the iPhone at VZW, I have had a couple of customers choose the fascinate instead(shrugs shoulders) TBV