Curious if I'm the only one.....

Drew_P

Reaction score
I've been noticing a small glitch in my fascinate. When I am on a call everything is fine, but I've noticed that there are times when it's time to disconnect my end call button will not work and that my notification bar will be pulled down slightly without me being near it. I have to finish pulling it down to end the call in the notification screen. Also I noticed that when I'm done with a call and put the phone to sleep the screen goes black.....but if I just touch the screen, it comes back on as if it was never asleep. That has caused me to open multiple apps at once from the phone simply being in my pocket. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

Shade2193

Reaction score
I had the same notification/end call problem on my fascinate and it drove me nuts. The only way I got around it was by rooting the phone with a 2.2 leak. And I don't have that problem anymore.

But, I've never experienced that black screen problem so I don't know how if I could help you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Nolenm

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the end call thing also

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although at first I loved the screen and size (my first 4 inch screen) I have since been disappointed with the glitches I've found. Plus the lack of upgrade. So I'm looking forward to the thunderbolt. New phone, new manufacturer, new UI...hopefully better experience. Whatever happens I know I will not go back to any samsung product again.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

M

Mwsr

Same here drives me crazy

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Dl30 or super clean 1.0 didnt have the issue.....
I love froyo =]…

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although at first I loved the screen and size (my first 4 inch screen) I have since been disappointed with the glitches I've found. Plus the lack of upgrade. So I'm looking forward to the thunderbolt. New phone, new manufacturer, new UI...hopefully better experience. Whatever happens I know I will not go back to any samsung product again.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

I haven't had the issues you mentioned, but here's some food for thought: get an iPhone.

It's proprietary OS makes updates painless.

With android, you have an open-source OS, that has to work on several different platforms, often in disparate ways. No two phones are alike in terms of chip sets, UI's, and features.

EVERY android phone has it's issues. PERIOD. Go search the other forums and look at the problems with those phones, froyo or otherwise.

Considering HTC's problems with the Incredible, expecting the Thunderbolt to be any different is errant logic.

At the end of the day, the Fascinate still has the best display, and sleekest form factor, along with a great UI, and many of the same problems as every. Single. Smartphone.

Seriously - it's really the android OS and it's cross platform problems that are bothering you. Get an iPhone.

Jamis0n

Reaction score

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

I haven't had the issues you mentioned, but here's some food for thought: get an iPhone.

It's proprietary OS makes updates painless.

With android, you have an open-source OS, that has to work on several different platforms, often in disparate ways. No two phones are alike in terms of chip sets, UI's, and features.

EVERY android phone has it's issues. PERIOD. Go search the other forums and look at the problems with those phones, froyo or otherwise.

Considering HTC's problems with the Incredible, expecting the Thunderbolt to be any different is errant logic.

At the end of the day, the Fascinate still has the best display, and sleekest form factor, along with a great UI, and many of the same problems as every. Single. Smartphone.

Seriously - it's really the android OS and it's cross platform problems that are bothering you. Get an iPhone.

+1

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
@all
I've had an iphone. And while I agree that the software is much more polished than android, there are issues I don't mind not dealing with anymore. The fact that I had to have a laptop with me any time I wanted to download anything (music, apps, etc) was bothersome. I know the iphone 4 has many new features.....but a lot of those features were released months and even years ago, and not just on android. Now I've been in the cell phone game since the pea soup green screens. I thought I was top dog when I was the first person I knew to get a color screen lol the point is, I'm not a wealthy man by any means. And if I'm going to shell out my hard earned money, I want a phone I can do whatever I want with. Not one that I have to wait for someone else to give the ok. Bottom line....i loved my iphone, I just don't like how the company runs things. Democracy = good, dictator = bad.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

Jamis0n

Reaction score
@all
I've had an iphone. And while I agree that the software is much more polished than android, there are issues I don't mind not dealing with anymore. The fact that I had to have a laptop with me any time I wanted to download anything (music, apps, etc) was bothersome. I know the iphone 4 has many new features.....but a lot of those features were released months and even years ago, and not just on android. Now I've been in the cell phone game since the pea soup green screens. I thought I was top dog when I was the first person I knew to get a color screen lol the point is, I'm not a wealthy man by any means. And if I'm going to shell out my hard earned money, I want a phone I can do whatever I want with. Not one that I have to wait for someone else to give the ok. Bottom line....i loved my iphone, I just don't like how the company runs things. Democracy = good, dictator = bad.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

You have the fixes that the devs make for everyone in the community. You just need to do your part and noob your way there. Do your research and then ask.

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

prenedo

Reaction score
Was gonna start a thread but not enough of an issue to. I've had the same problem as the OP.... I also get a glitch with my message icon. Its random, bit when I press it it takes me to the last app I had open, almost works like a back button.... Really weird, happened maybe five times since most recent update, anyone else have this issue? (Sorry for thread Jack)

Btw, not rooted

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
I've actually noticed that one within the past few days. Mine sometimes takes me to vz navigator.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

sledge3n8

Reaction score
My advice for those having issues----> Do a factory reset and then your issues most likely will go away. Not guaranteed, but very likely.
dancedroid

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Yeah sledge, had a factory reset when I went into the verizon store. Guy really seemed like he wanted me to keep the phone and not order a replacement. But the problems still persist. Just waiting for the thunderbolt to come out and be thru with samsung

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

sledge3n8

Reaction score
I am also planning to get the Thunderbolt. I'm rooted and running Froyo and the phone is much better now. But due to the poor, slow updates, I'm finished with the Samsung brand as well.

I had a Droid Incredible before this Fascinate. I totally loved the Incredible except I kept blowing up the external speaker. Big Red offered me the Fascinate as a replacement and I have regretted it ever since.

Fortunately I just had an upgrade come available today so I'm ready and waiting for HTC!