Curious about the Multimedia Station

stopthebus

Reaction score
Why does it called a multimedia station when there's no media output whatsoever? No media of any kind, let alone MULTImedia.

OP
S

stopthebus

Reaction score
I guess multimedia = clock, music, picture viewer, weather? Sounds like multimedia to me... ;)

Those are on the phone, you don't need the "multimedia station" to use them. you can actually get to them faster with the home screen widgets than from the "multimedia station".

If you look at so call docking station from other manufactures, they actually have media outputs (audio/video/picture)

JimmyD

Reaction score
Did you buy a Motorola Multimedia Station for Droid without understanding what it provides?

It does everything Motorola claims it will:

"Turns your DROID by Motorola
into a multimedia experience
and doubles as a charger.
Displays photos and movies,
plays music, shows weather and
time, and works as an alarm
clock. Syncs your media to you
PC via USB cable (included).
"

Motorola never stated that their Multimedia Station had an output feature or would provide any faster or slower access to apps you have on your Droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those are on the phone, you don't need the "multimedia station" to use them.
Yes but the magnet in the dock is what enables it. Yes, you can enable that home without the dock but their intent is for people to use the dock. You're really just picking nits at this point. We all agree and understand but it's a moot point. Even if we didn't it's a well-beaten dead horse already.

If you look at so call docking station from other manufactures, they actually have media outputs (audio/video/picture)
Their devices also have docking connectors. The Droid doesn't.

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Sorry I asked.
Chose the wrong site.

Sorry you got such a sarcastic response. I had the same questions about the charging docks (more accurate terminology IMO) But this is a great site. Hang out some more, you will learn to disregard those that get personally offended (like you insulted their mother) when Droid can not do what iPhone does. But Droid does things iPhone can't too.

OP
S

stopthebus

Reaction score
Sorry I asked.
Chose the wrong site.

Sorry you got such a sarcastic response. I had the same questions about the charging docks (more accurate terminology IMO) But this is a great site. Hang out some more, you will learn to disregard those that get personally offended (like you insulted their mother) when Droid can not do what iPhone does. But Droid does things iPhone can't too.

Yeah, the word "multimedia" and "turn into" got me. I guess I expected more out of those words than just a stand or a desktop charger or a cradle, which is what it really is.