curious about some apps

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by davids78bronco, Dec 16, 2012.

1. davids78bronco

davids78bronco New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Particularaly FB, Youtube and such. When updating, I see it can take and view pictures, send, receive and monitor (I think?) my calls among other invasive actions. I turst no one but always give them the benefit of the doubt. Am I being overly paranoid, or do I have genuine concerns about my privacy while using my phone?

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    apps like these, probably nothing to worry about, other than what you're already sharing with facebook n the like. but it's worth checking permission on some not so popular apps. games that read contacts, as an example, is something that you might want to look into.

3. davids78bronco

davids78bronco New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured as much. Just the idea FB and youtube could take videos and pictures is a bit unsettling. I mean, why? What pirpose could that ever serve in an app's use.

4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    this is used for direct uploads - taking a picture within the facebook app to upload instead of using the camera first then sharing with facebook, for example.