Curios on whether to stay or go to maxx

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Just got this phone last Friday in white I love it. The design and screen are awesome but I'm curious as to this battery life it seems bipolar...today I got 10 hours and my phone was in my pocket while I was at class and did very little surfing and texting. Will this get better? Or should I switch to the Max because I'm still within my 14 days. But ill honestly miss the white...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Trash Can

Reaction score
You can tweek your settings through Smart Actions based on your usage patterns to dramatically improve battery life. However, a sleek white phone with a dead battery is a nothing more than a sleek white paperweight.

JMHO, but if there's any doubt in your mind, I'd go ahead and get the Maxx, especially if you're within your return period. I got the Razr on launch day and was very satisfied, but there were times when I really had to watch what I was doing because of battery life. I decided to get the Maxx and am so glad I did -- the thing is a beast! You won't regret it, even if it's not the color you desire.

OP
MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
I mean battery life is my number one so ill look into it for sure. Is the Max's life that much better?

Trash Can

Reaction score
I mean battery life is my number one so ill look into it for sure. Is the Max's life that much better?

Absolutely, positively YES!!! :biggrin:

There really is no comparison. I leave everything enabled and the only time I shut things down through Smart Actions is at night. I'm asleep and don't want to be bothered anyway, so who cares if the thing is syncing data or not. I can normally go two full days and still have 20-30% battery remaining on a single charge. Of course, my definition of moderate usage may be different than yours, but I doubt you'll ever kill it in a single day unless you're really trying. It's that good.

OP
MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Haha yeah my usage consists of about an hour tops of gaming a little texting and facebook and the forums of course but I would say 60% of the time my phone is in my pocket.. so the Maxx seems much better

androidv1.0

Reaction score
Just got this phone last Friday in white I love it. The design and screen are awesome but I'm curious as to this battery life it seems bipolar...today I got 10 hours and my phone was in my pocket while I was at class and did very little surfing and texting. Will this get better? Or should I switch to the Max because I'm still within my 14 days. But ill honestly miss the white...

I know on my Droid 4, there's a SmartActions app that has battery saving functions. You set rules where at certain times, the phone switches to various battery saving modes. That seemed to do the trick for me. I had a problem with the low battery life on my phone too, but this seemed to help a little bit.

OP
MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Yeah I spoke with a rep today and got a maxx on the way I tried to get overnight buy he said that they couldn't because of back order looks Like ill get it next Wednesday

DocsDad

Reaction score
Yeah I spoke with a rep today and got a maxx on the way I tried to get overnight buy he said that they couldn't because of back order looks Like ill get it next Wednesday

You'll like it. Great phone just like the razr and juice for power users.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you're feeling "ifey" right now I'd go get the Maxx. There are things you can do to extend the battery life, but if you are a power user then you're probably better off getting the Maxx while you're within the return window. I don't think you'll regret it.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'm a power user and this phone is incredible. I love my Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Once in a case, the color is a mute point...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Bigger gas tank, longer drives...go MAXX and you won't look back!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

surge

Reaction score
Love my Razr. Got it last November on day one of it's intro. But if I was to buy today it would be Maxx.