CT state police speeding quota.

skyshadow

Reaction score
There was an article in the paper talking about how the state police are having a week where they are trying to give out more tickets for speeding apparently if they meet there "quota" they get a huge pizza party. I didn't believe this until today when I got a ticket for driving on the highway. I am a responsible driver and in my four years of driving I have never had an accident or ticket at all. The officer stated on the ticket I was going 81 when I was seriously going 75. I was actually paying closer attention than usual. He took my info then handed me a ticket for $299.00. That's the last time I am ever civil with them and make their day easy. As I drove farther up the road not even a mile away from where I was there was another officer pulling someone else over. And after that right before my exit a third. Than after getting back on the highway after I was done at the store on the way home I saw two more people pulled over and a cop rushing by me looking for more. This is all in the course or less than 10 miles back and forth combined. This absolutely disgusts me and takes what little support I had for the police away. Anyone here have similar crap go on where they live?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JohnS

Reaction score
Why are you suprised? This is nothing new. Has been going on ever since radar guns became available. Ask any truck driver. Fighting real crime costs money. Writing tickets brings in revenue. Here in Indiana where I live the State police are not much more than an Armed Tax collection service.

The problem will persist as long as 99.9% pay the ticket without showing up in court. Easy money for the state.

If you really werent going the speed they wrote you up for, show up in court and plead not guilty. Odds are good you will lose and have to pay anyway ... but it is a net loss to the State that way. If everyone did it the courts would be backed up and the police would have to find some real crimes to fight foir a change.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
I make it a point to drive as carefully as possible and that's why I'm pissed. I plan on keeping a flawless record and I'm not paying 300 just cause they wanna meet a quota.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Offer to buy em a couple pizzas instead if they still make you pay. Just to piss them off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be brutally honest here.

You really need to lower your speed. Its not going to get better, and its because of the economy. If you were told you would lose your job if you didn't write tickets, you'd be writing them too.

The "pizza party" is nothing new.

GeLopez

Reaction score
The record where I live (east dallas) it is for 14 patrol/state troopers in a 10 mile stretch. Every last weekend of every month at around 10pm.

William_04_x

Reaction score
States are using traffic enforcement for revenue generation. Send the ticket to a lawyer, get it reduced to a non moving violation, and wait to get the next one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums