1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Crystal prison or rocky freedom

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pc747, May 30, 2012.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I like that article by bgr but I have to ask how do you feel and please keep it respectful. Personally I like what apple continues to do in pushing the envelope, though I must admit they been slightly disappointing the past few years. They have not really innovated as far as the iphone is concerned. Its basically the same design, they took ideas from android (siri, notification, multi task (ios half baked version)). I say this not to bash apple but hopefully light a fire. Though I prefer android I dont hate apple infact I want them to succeed. I realize we need a strong adversary for android and we not going to get that from windows and rim. Apple has taken ideas and made them mainstream. They were not the first to invent smartphones but they were the first to take the idea of a phone, computer, music player and bring it together in an easy to use and awesome looking design. They were not the first on the tablet market but when they burst on the scene they brought ideas that pushed the game. I highly doubt the Galaxy Nexus or the Asus Transformer would be where it is now if it wasnt trying to rival the popular apple brand. I prefer android as my daily driver but realize it still needs work but it is constantly taking leaps and bounds forward. I am amazed where android has come from compared to the og droid. When I had my droid overclocked I was just trying to imagine what dual core on a bigger screen would look like. 2 years later we have that with oems pushing for quad core. So yeah android may not be as polished as ios but I love it any how with that said I am glad apple continues to be successful and I am pulling hard for the iphone 5 to be a game changer. I need them to continue pushing the envelope and making android fans and manufacturers angry because when we are angry we desire to see a better products built to crush the competition. Its like sports rivalries its only a good rivalry when the other team knocks you out of the playoffs a few time. Back in the day I hated Brett Favre and the packers because they constantly had the niners' number in the playoff. One year we finally triumph and it felt good. Beating your rival feels great when you know they have the ability to beat you as well and its just and all out slug fest until 0:00.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012