[ROM] Cryo for Droid Dna -Verizon OTA V2 2.06

nagahtom

Reaction score
Loading this ROM on a new DNA

Mr myfishbear,

1st, I compliment you on all of the good work you've done for the DNA community. This thread shows you're very dedicated.

I just received a new DNA. It shipped with Firmware 2.04.605.2
I've been reading on the xda forum that a phone with this firmware can't install a custom ROM.

Then I stumbled upon your ROM and now I'm a bit confused. I've installed ROMs on several droids over the past years so I'm not a complete noob but I am a DNA noob. I've read this tread multiple times and I still need a bit of clarication.

1) Can I root this new DNA?
2) Can I install this ROM on my new DNA?
3) Do these procedures apply to a brand new DNA running 2.04.605.2 firmware?

Droid DNA > HTC Droid DNA > XDA bootloader u/l (needed)
Droid DNA > [ROOT][COMPLETE GUIDE] How To Root > XDA root/recoverey(needed)
use google play and get the goo.im app to update twrp (optional)
Droid DNA > [S Off] Facepalm S Off > XDA s-off(optional)
Droid DNA > [HBOOT] HBOOT 8064 Engneering > XDA engineer hboot(optional)
Droid DNA > [RADIO] Flash OFFICIAL Radios > XDA new radio files(in hackpack)(optional)
use goo.im app to flash my rom while booted in android.(wipe and clear everything)(needed)
flash my boot. img from my rom in fastboot by holding vol- and power while booting and select fastboot.(use my dna hackpack and place boot.img into the working folder and run kern.bat)(needed)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards. Tom

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Im also getting a pop up notifaction that says "htc dm has stopped working" whenever I reboot my phone. What does this mean?

JediMindTrix

Reaction score
yeah been busy studying for my ultrasound registry. the test is tough lol. yeah i got soff. it was a biaoch because i had already used the ota. had to lock it, ruu it back down. re root it and reinstall twrp, unlock it, then flash all that stuff in ruu. it took me like 3 hours.

What OTA were you on?

JediMindTrix

Reaction score
you dont use twrp for the radio

install adb drivers on your comp
unpack this to make a working adb folder(dna hackpack)
copy firmware.zip into the adb folder
in the adb folder hit left-shift and right clock and "Open command window here"
while the phone is still plugged in send these commands into the command window.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Do I have to have S-Off?

JediMindTrix

Reaction score
idk but if you flash firmware.zip from recovery it should not install the radio. i personally have mine s-off and have engi hboot as well as twrp. i flash anything i want lol

You're phone does have to be S-Off so it can write to the particular partition for the firmware. I believe that's what my initial problem was... I didn't have S-Off and when I flash Cryo I guess it couldn't flash the radio to that partition. IDK. All I do know is now it's working when I S-Off. How can I tell if I have eng hboot or stock?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You're phone does have to be S-Off so it can write to the particular partition for the firmware. I believe that's what my initial problem was... I didn't have S-Off and when I flash Cryo I guess it couldn't flash the radio to that partition. IDK. All I do know is now it's working when I S-Off. How can I tell if I have eng hboot or stock?
in the boot loader it will tell you your versions for everything like your radio

JediMindTrix

Reaction score
Im also getting a pop up notifaction that says "htc dm has stopped working" whenever I reboot my phone. What does this mean?

I am getting the same error. Can anyone elaborate?

I just found out it is HTC Download Manager... I am using TIBU Pro and I froze it to make sure it doesn't mess with my phone. After a while I'll just uninstall it.

Last edited:

Freakstyler

Reaction score
hey Fishbear.... Do i have to delete system and clear my cache to go to 1.2 from 1.1.6? because i use the standard boot animation *'cause it has sound* and i have a few apps i put into the system folder so i can master reset my phone and not have to do much... i guess what im trying to say is... I'm Lazy, so aside from replacing the boot animation, is there anything that would hurt from just flashing the 1.2 zip? if not i guess ill just spend about 20 minutes setting up the zip the way i like and flashing it :p

majp89

Reaction score
- just released version 2.0

Just flashed, works great. Nice and quick.

Question: What is the significance of the Bravia engine? I see it on a few custom ROMs, just don't know what it is or what it does.

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Got the 2.0 Rom and now it won't let me use the droid forum app. I'm on my browser now. When I try to open it it says it closed. I uninstalled it and now when i try to reinstall it,it won't let me. It says not enough memory... Yet I've deleted allot of things from my dl folder and installed a few other apps to make sure they work. What could be the problem?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Got the 2.0 Rom and now it won't let me use the droid forum app. I'm on my browser now. When I try to open it it says it closed. I uninstalled it and now when i try to reinstall it,it won't let me. It says not enough memory... Yet I've deleted allot of things from my dl folder and installed a few other apps to make sure they work. What could be the problem?

i just tried it myself and it worked fine. did you dirty flash? if you did wipe and clear your sd and try again.