1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

crying foul on uptimes....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by StepDroid, Jan 2, 2010.

1. StepDroid

StepDroid Official Site Vendor Premium Member

Either I have a defective Droid or somebody is fudging on their times... I'm going to the VZW and let them know I'm not satisfied... its been restarting at least once a day... I'm also gonna keep my phone up and see how much love it gives me.. I had been shutting it down nightly.... I got about 6 days until my 30 are up... I love the Droid so if something is wrong I just want a new one.
  2. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

I wouldn't worry about anyone claiming they have 500hr of uptime. Seriously who cares? Seems more like who has the biggest e-penis contest than anything.

I'm like you, my phone keeps freezing or needs a battery pull about once or twice a day. Yes I'm a little aggravated at it but not quite ready to say the phone is defective.
  3. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

Yes, if you're getting daily restarts I'd say you've got some kind of problem. As I posted in the uptimes thread, I got more than 300 hours before I forgot to plug in my charger and am well over 400 hours now.
  4. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

No "mines bigger than yours" at all, if the phone is freezing or restarting on a daily basis either the phone itself or one of the applications is defective. Whether or not you choose to tolerate it is up to you but it's far from "normal" behavior of what is overall a pretty reliable device.
  5. StepDroid

Like I said I'm goin to give it a chance but I'm also going get it noted that I "may" be having trouble. It is encouraging to see so many having such good consistant service from theirs.
  6. Groucho

Groucho New Member

Without knowing what kinds of apps you're running, or how many, it's impossible to comment.
  7. justbob

justbob New Member

Yep, if you have to restart your phone once a day something is wrong. Android is based on the Linux kernel which is pretty darn stable. You should be able to go months without needing to reboot. Most likely you are running a poorly behaved app that is making your phone unhappy.
  8. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I am a heavy user and mine doesn't last 300 hours. I do shut down completely at night. remeber Apps play a part in what's going on also.
  9. StepDroid

I feel you on the apps but I promise you I can't have any more downloads than a lot of these guys... honestly I don't care cause I'm just waiting on the "official" 2.1 release LOL. There should be a thread for badly behaving apps not necessarily bogus ones but ones that cause some difficulties. Got rid of the anti virus "virus" app never did the new update though... it wanted too many permissions.
  10. justbob

justbob New Member

Seriously, you should do a factory reset on your phone. Don't re-load any of your apps for a while, and if still freezes up every day take it back to Verizon and ask them to exchange it for you.
  11. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

+1........Doing this will rule out a software/app issue.

If you get the reboots on a "fresh" device you're looking at a hardware problem which will not fix itself.

I'd also like to echo what a few have already said. Weekly/daily reboots are NOT normal. Something is wrong with the hardware or there is an application problem.
  12. BCrawford

BCrawford New Member

I have had my droid since launch, have installed plenty of 3rd party apps, and have not once had a reboot or had to pull my battery. I leave it on 24/7. I agree with some of the others here. Try a factory reset.
  13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I like resetting mine daily, and I forgot to do it this morning so thanks for the reminder. Anyway I love looking at that red Droid eye when it starts up.:)

And put me in the camp with the others saying that battery pulls and resets are not normal. This is not a Blackberry.