Crossed over to the darkside - Bionic is in a drawer now.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Speeding Wheels, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Yeah, prior to iOS 5 and iCloud the iPhone just wasn't quite there for me. (My wife has had one since the 4 came to Verizon, so I had a lot of access to it.) Now we both have 4s's and love em.

#25 ConqSoft, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    iOS5 and iCloud were the main game changers in my opinion. I transitioned a little easier since MIUI was my favorite ROM before I switched. Honestly, once you group the apps, it's not bad without having the app drawer at all. Just different.

As far as iTunes, that one is always a love/hate affair. I've been on iTunes itself for many, many years and actually am used to it.

Oh, on the password thing, that happened over the last year. In their defense, it happened because there was a huge issue with a lot of owners children downloading apps at will after the initial unlock and caused a lot of trouble. I know, I know, blame the parents and don't torture the rest of us, but it is what it is. I know I have friends who have been surprised to the tune of $70+ due to their kids buying apps. Not very good days for them.

3. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    at least it's a reliable connection again though!

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    There is that. ;)

5. krameroid

krameroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SW, you've helped me out a few times. Thanks. Everyone else...you make me sick! C'mon! iPhone? Booooooo! :)

Alright now that's off my chest. Totally understandable switch SW. Im sure the Bionic will be a solid phone in a year if Moto doesn't forget about it. BUT I can't wait that long either. Once the Nexus is out, i will probably jump on it.

Godspeed SpeedingWheels. Godspeed.

Sent from my UNRELIABLE BIONIC using DroidForums

6. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels Senior Member

Ratings:
    +16
    It's not like I'm running out right away to sell the thing... and I'll still pop in to see whats going on.
    Something tells me ICS is going to kick ass on this baby... as long as Moto/VZW can figure out the LTE issues.

As long as I am not in desperate need of cash I think I'm going to tuck my Bionic in the closet until there is an official ICS leak and see how things are at that point. In the meantime I'll still visit and see whats going on ;)

Now to figure out how to get from 5.7.893 to 5.5.893.... *sighs*

7. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    See you're still worrying about it. That means deep down, in your Android loving heart, you know there's a mini-USB port that Apple's iPhone just won't ever quite be able to fill. Let me know how it's working out though while I d/l some new app drawer themes on top of my DOOM live wallpaper :icon_ devil:

Also loved the sad panda south park reference. Great episode.

8. lm2

lm2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am trying the bionic on during my verizon trial period. Ive never had a smartphone before and was worried about not having hardware keys and T9. Ive had several itouches that i use LOTS, so I'm quite familiar with the iphone interface and eco system.

After having the droid for a week, i do miss the retina display on my itouch 4. But i love the larger screen on the bionic, and swipe and swiftkey x are FAR superior to the iphone's keyboard for someone who must give up the speed that comes with years on t9. I havent experienced black screens of death yet.

Honestly, I'm sticking with droid in part because i feel like i should give it a chance, I know ios already, and so why not try on android for two years. If it had been the other way around, I may well be trying on an ihpone 4s instead.

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    That's funny, you're actually taking the reverse journey from us. Love it!

Like we've seen, both are great. Both have their pluses and minuses. Glad you're liking your Droid run so far. It's still a great system.