Criticized

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't care about 4g. Odd for me to say being that I am always upgrading my internet package as it starts feeling slow.....even on 50MB down and 50MB up....I feel like it's slower.

Sure 4G is faster than 3g but it's still slow. I would find 4g nothing but a battery drainer personally but that is because everywhere I go I have wi fi.....MPLS at work and the 50-50 mentioned above at home.....no matter how you cut it....4g is dial up when compared to the speeds I get from wi fi.

All of this is a given though. I am just explaining why I for one don't care about 4g. Not yet anyway. Dont get me wrong....I might consider the Bionic, but after having the X2 I would not be super excited to get back into the bigger screen where the pentile display's "complaints" are much more evident.

What I mean is the complaints you are reading about the whole QHD thing gets worse the larger the screen. The D3 doesn't look nearly as bad as the X2 due to smaller screen.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
4g was never going to be something that everyone and their mother was going to be begging for. It's more gimmicky then anything else in my opinion...I always use wifi, have no plans to watch full movies on my phone or download torrents on a smartphone. The average user is not going to care about 4g...it's just something they think they need because of commercials...

This 4g craze is another case of people on a forum thinking everyone thinks the way they do. I want the bionic, but 4g is definitely not the reason for me.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
4g was never going to be something that everyone and their mother was going to be begging for. It's more gimmicky then anything else in my opinion...I always use wifi, have no plans to watch full movies on my phone or download torrents on a smartphone. The average user is not going to care about 4g...it's just something they think they need because of commercials...

This 4g craze is another case of people on a forum thinking everyone thinks the way they do. I want the bionic, but 4g is definitely not the reason for me.

Ill b the 1st 2 abmit,u r talkin about me,cos I got caught up n the 4g craz,but 3g is fast enuff 4 me,so ive calmed down a whole lot on the 4g.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ill b the 1st 2 abmit,u r talkin about me,cos I got caught up n the 4g craz,but 3g is fast enuff 4 me,so ive calmed down a whole lot on the 4g.

Not at all...I was speaking in general...this isn't the only forum where it happened haha

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
while there are obvious benefits to 4g it just simply isn't available in enough places to justify the extra cost in getting it.

But that is just me. Mostly because I use my phone for MUCH more than browsing the internet...in fact I have only used 20mb of 3g in the last 2 months. BUT....thanks to Netflix and stuff I have used 4.5GB on wi fi

soops

Reaction score
Is there an app that can track data usage for 3g & wifi separately?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Sure The Fascinate II will have a great Screen but no LTE is a fail to me.. And can you say Bing!!! I think I will stick with a Bing free Bionic and LTE 4G...

I don't think bing is really something to keep me from buying a phone. Someone will de-bing it few days after release.

Can you go with out 4G.. That is why I am not looking at this phone anymore. No LTE is a fail for me. I am in a 4G area.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Your main argument is the same as mine. I will not go without the 4g. The bing issue is a non-factor except for people not like us that don't know how to root and all that stuff. Bing would be simple for us to get away from.

Also I don't see the GS2 coming out anytime soon or ever with a 4G verizon lte chip in it. GS2 is very slim and I don't see how they could fit it in there because with this chip they normally have to stack components. Tablets are no problem because there is lots of room. It they do it I think they would have to make really big changes to the form factor.

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

my data manager

tracks both mobile and wi fi
shows graphical break down of usage over a time period.

There is a free version and a paid version. Allow it about a day to catch up. Basically it tracks from the moment you first started the app. But you can back fill your previous usage if you know what it is. Would be great to install now.....by end of month you can see how much usage, when, and what apps were responsible.

Last edited:

wseyller

Reaction score

my data manager

tracks both mobile and wi fi
shows graphical break down of usage over a time period.

There is a free version and a paid version. Allow it about a day to catch up. Basically it tracks from the moment you first started the app. But you can back fill your previous usage if you know what it is. Would be great to install now.....by end of month you can see how much usage, when, and what apps were responsible.

Have to check that out. The interest to me is to see what apps are using percentage of bandwith. I'm sure my pandora app is using the most.